Why Hasn't Microsoft Publicly Announced They've already Sold 4 million XB1s?

#81Miiri0Posted 4/4/2014 8:43:36 AM
X1 sales mostly likely less than 4m. Its embarassing to announce that.
#82TrueBlue91Posted 4/4/2014 8:44:51 AM
Honestly, people keep saying the gap is negligible but it really isn't and it's only widening. Soon it'll be a 1:2 ratio.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#83Homie_202Posted 4/4/2014 10:32:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#84RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/4/2014 10:50:56 AM
Haha do people really think XB1 hasn't hit 4 million yet?
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad) www.twitch.tv/yelaraka
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, Rayman Legends, PowerStarGolf
#85FPS_hitmanPosted 4/4/2014 10:57:41 AM
Here is the real question.....

Not even the Sony fans but everyone here has acknowledged that legend 725 is a clown and his post are pathetic. Why does anyone respond to him? He will only come back with something amazingly dumb and your responses so far confirm everyone knows this already. So again why even act like that clown exists?

The board would be much better without him inviting fanboy BS all day.
#86Garage_ManPosted 4/4/2014 11:04:22 AM
It's simple..has ANYONE here played a hand in any business anywhere? You don't simpley announce that your competitor is beating you in sales. It's bad for business in tons of ways. Imagine how hard it must be right NOW for them to lock a exclusive deal. If Sony wasn't so darn broke I suspect they would just be mopping up the floor with exclusive deals, and AAA games.

This isn't about that though, so again it is all business. You NEED to look strong even if you are weak, admitting that Sony a company struggling as we speak, with no truly amazing games is beating you 2:1 is very very bad.

If we couple that with the fact that Microsoft moves less computers now then ever before, their smartphone market share is basically non existent and that the GENERAL consumer wants nothing to do with them and yea it's their own fault. Honestly I wish Apple would release a gaming rig and just rid of Microsoft entirely.
#87TheGam3925Posted 4/4/2014 11:23:38 AM
It's simple. MS does not want to admit they are getting beat, let's stop tap dancing around the issue.

/topic
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#8895_EclipsePosted 4/4/2014 12:17:52 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Haha do people really think XB1 hasn't hit 4 million yet?

It most likely hasnt. When MS had announced 3 million sold, that was to retailers 900000 were sitting on shelves. So more than likely, to consumers the number is closer to 3.5 million at best now.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#89QuadForce878(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 5:45:44 PM
Garage_Man posted...
It's simple..has ANYONE here played a hand in any business anywhere? You don't simpley announce that your competitor is beating you in sales. It's bad for business in tons of ways. Imagine how hard it must be right NOW for them to lock a exclusive deal. If Sony wasn't so darn broke I suspect they would just be mopping up the floor with exclusive deals, and AAA games.

This isn't about that though, so again it is all business. You NEED to look strong even if you are weak, admitting that Sony a company struggling as we speak, with no truly amazing games is beating you 2:1 is very very bad.

If we couple that with the fact that Microsoft moves less computers now then ever before, their smartphone market share is basically non existent and that the GENERAL consumer wants nothing to do with them and yea it's their own fault. Honestly I wish Apple would release a gaming rig and just rid of Microsoft entirely.

Actually, I think Sony spend all their money that they would have used getting exclusive content on PS+ games for their subscribers. Public opinion has also stated that the Xbox One sold very well and was not a sales failure. So what's there to hide even if they are trailing behind by 2 million? Also Microsoft can't hide their sales numbers forever.
#90spicyitalian739Posted 4/5/2014 5:53:23 PM
Don't own an XB1 yet because Titanfall is on PC, so I'm waiting for a true exclusive that I care about, but calling it a sales failure is blatant fanboyism. I've had a lot of criticisms against the XB1 (and usually keep them to myself), but when the games inevitably come (and they will come) I'll have to suck it up and pick one up. Can't people just be happy that both consoles are selling great? You guys should even wish the Wii U starts selling better too. The more people that get into gaming, the better for everybody.

You trolls on all of the boards with your petty bickering are actually scaring new gamers away. Nobody wants to get into a hobby when they see such a toxic and narcissistic community, full of petty insults and snarky cynicism. Shame on you guys.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: FlyingWasabi
Xbox Live: Flying Wasabi