Phil Spencer: we made the wrong decisions

#11MrSpaM111Posted 4/4/2014 7:55:33 AM
zerooo0 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
So somebody care to explain to me exactly what "Revisiting DRM and always online policy's" actually means then instead of writing herp derp replies?

Probably revisit as in see how they could make it works, what needs to be tweeking, how IF they could POSSIBLY re-implement in a MUCH USER FRIENDLY WAY, EXAMINE the Steam model, and do more research on the field.

Thanks for the genuine reply
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#12SoulTrapperPosted 4/4/2014 8:19:38 AM
He acknowledged that they made a lot of wrong decisions, namely alluding to Xbox One's DRM and always online policies, among others.

There we go, now get rid of the kinect and get some good exclusives and you've got yourself a sale.

This probably won't go down well with the people who kept saying those things were actually good ideas, even MS themselves now admit it was a wrong decision.
#13TrueBlue91Posted 4/4/2014 8:20:54 AM
No ****, sherlock
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#14Jedi454Posted 4/4/2014 8:27:28 AM
What I like about Phil Spencer, is that he is an actual gamer. I'm glad they put him in charge to be quite honest, it was a good decision.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#15youngskillzPosted 4/4/2014 8:27:44 AM
lol revisit.

i'd laugh if they try to implement that drm garbage.

but hopefully it will be hacked sooner rather than later anyway.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#16billsfanno1Posted 4/4/2014 8:40:11 AM
The 24hr check-in aspect of DRM and how they handled the PR fallout around it was devastatingly bad. As an X1 owner, what I've come to realize was equally as bad was the initial focus on TV integration and trying to sell to a crossover audience. While it is a cool feature, it is nowhere near being to a level of stability that I would recommend an X1 to someone for solely TV/multimedia purposes. The typical consumer will not understand having to hard reboot an entertainment device 1-2 times per week so that it functions properly. The initial focus should have been their core gaming audience, and only their core gaming audience. The crossover audience appeal should have waited until the UI/OS matured and the price came down.
#17cmincPosted 4/4/2014 8:40:21 AM
I have nothing against phil. But as a former nintendo guy, i refuse to believe anything a figurehead says until the proof is playing on a large screen behind them. Sucks to be cynical when everyone else gets to be happy sometimes, but i've heard this 'we've learned from our past mistakes' song too many times to take anyone at their word just for the sake of being excited.

Apart from that, and all the mistakes and blatant spudity from last year, theres nothing really wrong with xb1 anymore apart from the price difference against ps4. I dont even think people are against the kinect or its games in general, they just dont want to have to pay for them.

Some more worthwhile kinect games for the wife to play would be nice, but it seems like ms has more games and more to offer than sony does now and for the forseeable future already. You drop the xb1 as it is right now--with kinect in the box--to 399 and i think you see a large sales spike that holds long enough to surpass ps4.

Sony's got better hardware, but ms kind of has the games that people want and the franchises that are established enough for people to care about.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#18MRL3G3NDPosted 4/4/2014 8:40:50 AM
MS has needed this tone from the jump... I cannot understand how a huge company could be so dumb... I mean the video game consumer is one of the LOUDEST when it comes to feedback... and they have been belittling and disrespecting the people who made them who they are...

They friggin announced a cablebox, and tried to tell us we are getting value...nevermind the games...GAMERS lol

But talk is cheap I want to see some action
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#19jairusmonillasPosted 4/4/2014 11:52:09 AM
It's too late. If anything Sony was the one who made a mistake with PS3 (complicated cell tech and that $600 price tag, Sony was dominating the console market with PS1 and PS2, you expect PS4 to step back for Xbox One? LOL
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#2095_EclipsePosted 4/4/2014 12:02:30 PM
zerooo0 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
So somebody care to explain to me exactly what "Revisiting DRM and always online policy's" actually means then instead of writing herp derp replies?

Probably revisit as in see how they could make it works, what needs to be tweeking, how IF they could POSSIBLY re-implement in a MUCH USER FRIENDLY WAY, EXAMINE the Steam model, and do more research on the field.

So... Reinstate DRM, but trick peope into thinking its good. Hope you're wrong or Sony will dominate even more.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.