5 year old discovers a hole in the X1's security system

#101blacklabelicePosted 4/4/2014 3:11:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#102blacklabelicePosted 4/4/2014 3:15:22 PM
Behold. The almighty power of the space bar!

Space Bar so strong even a 5 year old could gain access to your device.
#103blacklabelicePosted 4/4/2014 3:22:52 PM
i seen a show the other day about a a security geek whos job it was to try to crack bank vaults in every way possible to try to strengthen security or whatever.

thats not really relevant or anything, but microsoft has alot of money. i sure hope they dont have their own bank to put all of it into, because the combination would probably be cracked with the use of the almighty space bar.
#104imthestuntmanPosted 4/4/2014 4:12:00 PM
I read it and actually smiled. I actually thought it was a nice gesture on microsofts part. Sure it may get them some nice publicity, but it also comes with bad. I dont think the 5 year old cares either way since he gets free games and some money.
---
These minor spelling errors were brought to you by an ipad having no real feedback to enable me to know when i mistype and my own laziness.
#105imthestuntmanPosted 4/4/2014 4:15:27 PM
blacklabelice posted...
i seen a show the other day about a a security geek whos job it was to try to crack bank vaults in every way possible to try to strengthen security or whatever.

thats not really relevant or anything, but microsoft has alot of money. i sure hope they dont have their own bank to put all of it into, because the combination would probably be cracked with the use of the almighty space bar.

Thats a job that exists is a ton of areas. It actually is what quite a few hackers get paid very well to do by the companies that own whats being hacked into. Another example is safe cracker. There are a few others like it, but they all come down to the same thing, doing everything you can to get into something you shouldnt be able to in order to expose how you did it.
---
These minor spelling errors were brought to you by an ipad having no real feedback to enable me to know when i mistype and my own laziness.
#106Jiggy101011Posted 4/4/2014 4:23:38 PM
Can someone point out where in the article it says this would have allowed anyone to access any account they wished? Because the way I am reading it, it seems like he was only able to access his dads profile using the spacebar glitch because he was on that particular console.

Blacklabelice, you seem to have more information compared to all of us here. Can you please enlighten me?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#107East WestPosted 4/4/2014 8:20:15 PM
5 year old hacks Xbox One

and MS rewards him for it!?!
---
xb1m13
#108magemaximusPosted 4/4/2014 8:43:22 PM
I want four free games.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#109AtomicMenacePosted 4/4/2014 9:40:32 PM
Of course the boy discovered it on the Xbox One. There's nothing to buy on PS4...
#110BloodyDove2vsPosted 4/4/2014 9:42:57 PM
East West posted...
5 year old hacks Xbox One

and MS rewards him for it!?!

Welcome to the age of set top boxes for children.
---
"how much is your soul worth" XB1M13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0