5 year old discovers a hole in the X1's security system

#71blacklabelicePosted 4/4/2014 12:24:12 PM
Ch3wy posted...
blacklabelice posted...
i wonder what else the space bar could be exploited for ?

i dont really go out of my way to find these loopholes but hackers will dedicate themselves to finding these kind of security holes. even in games you get people trying to find glitches and get into walls and stuff.....im actually surprised it took so long for somebody to figure this out, as it doesnt seem like it was ever very hard to exploit or anything.

I'm willing to bet it's probably just something that only works on Xbox's with that account previously logged in before. People don't normally spend that much time trying to hack into accounts on their own Xbox.

yes that would be completely silly

unless it was my job as a tester for microsoft security. then i would be paid to find that kind of stuff now wouldnt i?
#72Ch3wyPosted 4/4/2014 12:27:04 PM
blacklabelice posted...
Ch3wy posted...
blacklabelice posted...
i wonder what else the space bar could be exploited for ?

i dont really go out of my way to find these loopholes but hackers will dedicate themselves to finding these kind of security holes. even in games you get people trying to find glitches and get into walls and stuff.....im actually surprised it took so long for somebody to figure this out, as it doesnt seem like it was ever very hard to exploit or anything.

I'm willing to bet it's probably just something that only works on Xbox's with that account previously logged in before. People don't normally spend that much time trying to hack into accounts on their own Xbox.

yes that would be completely silly

unless it was my job as a tester for microsoft security. then i would be paid to find that kind of stuff now wouldnt i?

Like I said rock-solid client side security isn't a priority for developers. There's much more important things to worry about and there is a LOT to test for.

I'm guessing you don't work as a developer or tester. There's a lot more to it than you think. Even the smallest fixes can cause bugs in places where you wouldn't expect.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#73KAnE3o1Posted 4/4/2014 12:30:27 PM
Muryo posted...
How embarrassing:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-old-boy-found-big-145912855.html

LOLOL
---
PSN: KAnE3o1
http://www.youtube.com/KAnE3o1
#74badmanneilPosted 4/4/2014 12:32:08 PM
That is a pretty sad security loophole. What's truly sad is that a kid figured out something top engineers missed and they gave him a few games and a year of live.. They should of given him a years salary as an engineer, since he literally did their job
#75KAnE3o1Posted 4/4/2014 12:33:57 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Good thing they don't feature a microphone and camera hooked up to the internet 24/hrs a day where other security flaws can be exposed.

LMAO
---
#76Homie_202Posted 4/4/2014 12:40:09 PM
My nephew has done this multiple time to my brothers xbox. My brother always puts passwords on the xbox and he always figures them out. Only difference is he isn't just hitting the space bar some how he actually finds them out.
#77TeraPatrick2008Posted 4/4/2014 12:41:37 PM
It's M$, what did you expect?

Before summer we probably see the first XBone Isos ripped by some 6 year olds.
#78KAnE3o1Posted 4/4/2014 12:50:28 PM
badmanneil posted...
That is a pretty sad security loophole. What's truly sad is that a kid figured out something top engineers missed and they gave him a few games and a year of live.. They should of given him a years salary as an engineer, since he literally did their job

I agree...LOL
---
#79Dark_Nyte_SeionPosted 4/4/2014 12:54:39 PM
The thing that always gets me with these kinds of topics is the amount of fanboy rage they incite. Your favorite system made a mistake....IT HAPPENS!!! Use the info to protect yourself and move on. You do absolutely nothing pointing out the mistakes of another company, especially when they are common knowledge anyway... Who likes just once platform nowadays anyway?
---
Sleep easy, and rest assured that I will watch all you hold dear turn to ashes in the wake of my vengeance. Dark_Nyte_Seion
PSN: Rediman XBLAN: Seion_Darclyte
#80DarthZeldaPosted 4/4/2014 1:16:27 PM
M$ and security holes? Found by a 5yr old?

Shocki.......wait no it isn't. M$ security is the worst.
---
This sentence is false. The previous sentence is true.