5 year old discovers a hole in the X1's security system

#91SonyPonyTonyPosted 4/4/2014 1:01:30 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Muryo posted...
How embarrassing:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-old-boy-found-big-145912855.html

What was your reaction when PSN got hacked and all of our credit card information was in the hands of hackers and Sony sat on that information for days before letting us know?

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I left the sony camp around then and brought my business to MS. I probably could've forgave sony for the sandlot security but when they tried to hide it from me when my PRIVATE DETAILS WERE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE I couldn't take them seriously anymore
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#92VellBellPosted 4/4/2014 1:56:41 PM
Wow, totally missed that point didn't you? Of course you did, it's far more beneficial to attack others than it is to act like a grown up and discuss ideas. I was not, and do not advocate child labor. They have legal child focus groups for marketing purposes. Note the key word; legal. How is it a stretch to include a console? The ice cream bit wasn't a direct reference to a wage that SHOULD be paid, more like a reference to the cost of a company for such things. To legally employ such a focus group, would be fractions less than your average commercial cost.

And if you want to get rid of the word that seems to send you into troll-dom altogether, get your quality testers to do the things a child would do. Don't play responsibly. Mash the heck out of buttons everywhere. Throw the controller around like a football. All things an adult employee could do, but likely doesn't because it doesn't occur to them to do so. Perfectly legal, and still makes the point. Many consumers either have children themselves or are likely to be around children at one point or another. So testing said product with children in mind isn't far fetched. Or shouldn't be.

I'm not saying we should have indestructible consoles that should be able to be dropped in a bathtub and keep working. Nor am I saying that children should not be supervised (don't get me started on that little rant). But many products, and not just xbox, have come up with situations similar. Wasn't it an infant that mashed buttons on a smartphone and bought their parents a right expensive lesson in why kids and electronics are a bad combo? And you know what could have prevented this error and many others? Mashing buttons. No rhyme. No reason. Just mash buttons.

But by all means attack my post and pick out something else to troll about.
#93Private_NoobPosted 4/4/2014 2:04:25 PM
Proof that this console will die before E3 2014.
---
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!
#94BrownGottiPosted 4/4/2014 2:08:47 PM
That space bar trick works on adult sites as well.........so I've heard. :)
#95sugarshaneo7Posted 4/4/2014 2:13:14 PM
Anyone that doesn't think this easy back log entry isn't embarrassing is in denial. Huge denial. Fail Microsoft.
#96shdwdrgnixPosted 4/4/2014 2:35:41 PM
a 5 year old kid is smarter than all of Microsoft by finding that loophole.
#97Jiggy101011Posted 4/4/2014 2:43:51 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
cheezedadada posted...
TC if you think things like this are embarrassing, never search "Playstation Network Outage" on google. If this 5 year old stumbling across a bug is embarrassing, I can't imagine your reaction to 77 million accounts being hacked.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

And Sony wasn't even the first in what has become a long line of companies to have this happen to them.

Ever heard of a little chain called TARGET?

Also, bringing up the failings of one company does not excuse or lessen the failings of another company. I see you're playing with your fruit again, tossing around those apples and oranges.

:D

The Sony hack was back in 2011 and affected 77 million players, the target hack happened in 2013. Apples, oranges.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#98pigkiller_77Posted 4/4/2014 2:52:52 PM
That's quite the article. I especially liked the part where they tried to spin it into the 5 year old being some kind of hacking prodigy. He bypassed the lock screen on a cell phone by holding down the home button! My right buttcheek once did this very same thing when I sat down with my phone in my pocket.
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their shoes.
#99blacklabelicePosted 4/4/2014 3:02:26 PM(edited)
SonyPonyTony posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
Muryo posted...
How embarrassing:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-old-boy-found-big-145912855.html

What was your reaction when PSN got hacked and all of our credit card information was in the hands of hackers and Sony sat on that information for days before letting us know?

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I left the sony camp around then and brought my business to MS. I probably could've forgave sony for the sandlot security but when they tried to hide it from me when my PRIVATE DETAILS WERE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE I couldn't take them seriously anymore

so you jumped ship to microsoft. a company that is well known for selling its users information to third party advertisers, as well as the NSA and god knows whoever else too. Im sure microsoft values your privacy. This is why If they would have been able to sell off enough console preorders, youd be forced to have a camera and microphone hooked up to your NSA box at all times as they originally intended. yes, microsoft clearly values its consumers and their privacy. said no man ever.

hypocrite much?
#100dnmtPosted 4/4/2014 3:08:59 PM
LaZyEyeZ0o posted...
So what. Sony failed. Ms failed. Ms failure doesnt justify sonys and vice versa.

No one's saying that it is. It's a funny story that happened, nothing more and nothing less.