MS thanks 5 y/o for discovering a vulnerability

#1MrImpatient35Posted 4/4/2014 9:29:41 AM
There was another post about this today, that conveniently left out one crucial detail. MS acknowledge and fixed this: http://www.10news.com/news/5-year-old-ocean-beach-exposes-microsoft-xbox-vulnerability

Microsoft has come up with a fix and acknowledged Kristopher on their website in a list of security researchers that have helped make Microsoft online services more secure.
---
FML
#2TrueBlue91Posted 4/4/2014 9:30:09 AM
This needed another topic just to add that.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#3darkshadowmasterPosted 4/4/2014 9:31:46 AM
You could bypass the password by hitting space?

wow.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#4BSerenityPosted 4/4/2014 9:32:51 AM
The hole in the security should have never been there. Especially from a company who prides itself on software. They could have done more for the kid as well. Oh well. It is fixed. Moving on.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#5Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/4/2014 9:33:57 AM
his dad says he broke a child lock when he was one by holding down the home screen button.
he probably was just holding it down for no reason at all and just happened to find a loop hole by chance. i feel like his dad is trying to make his kid out to be a hacking genius to the media
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#6SnoicFactorPosted 4/4/2014 9:33:59 AM
Watch him get a free white xbox one and other crap >_> lol
---
nt
#7Laylow12Posted 4/4/2014 9:34:59 AM
I wonder what other security flaws are waiting to be discovered. I'd be taking down the video camera and microphone array that's plugged in 24/hrs a day at my home and connected to the internet.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8cheezedadadaPosted 4/4/2014 9:39:20 AM(edited)
BSerenity posted...
The hole in the security should have never been there. Especially from a company who prides itself on software. They could have done more for the kid as well. Oh well. It is fixed. Moving on.

I can agree with that. It shouldn't have been there, but unfortunately it was.

I think MS just needs to hire a few 5-year-old children and have them bang on the Xbox One controller like monkeys to see what they can break.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#9Massillon_GPosted 4/4/2014 9:38:25 AM
They also gave him 4 free games, 12 months of live and $50? Microsoft spit in that kid's face.
---
GT: MGG 9000
#10bob15xPosted 4/4/2014 9:55:45 AM
wow, sony fanboys actually commenting on this after the worst f up with the psn hack?