MS thanks 5 y/o for discovering a vulnerability

#11carljenkPosted 4/4/2014 9:59:25 AM
That's it. I'm out. Selling my Xbox One immediately. With news of the DRM coming back and now this I'm just out. I just hope I can find someone silly enough to want my Xbox One after this news...
#12MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 10:56:52 AM
bob15x posted...
wow, sony fanboys actually commenting on this after the worst f up with the psn hack?

I heard about that but didn't know how serious it was. What happened anyway? I heard it was down for a whole month. That true?
---
FML
#13darkshadowmasterPosted 4/4/2014 10:59:07 AM
bob15x posted...
wow, sony fanboys actually commenting on this after the worst f up with the psn hack?

There was only 1 post that may be even remotely considered "sony fanboy"ish.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#14DoukouPosted 4/4/2014 10:59:13 AM
carljenk posted...
That's it. I'm out. Selling my Xbox One immediately. With news of the DRM coming back and now this I'm just out. I just hope I can find someone silly enough to want my Xbox One after this news...

This one guy named Carl Jenk seems pretty silly.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#15Reflex-ArcPosted 4/4/2014 11:00:23 AM
Oh crap! That kid figured out my password. :|
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#16TheeLeehamPosted 4/4/2014 11:03:04 AM
Massillon_G posted...
They also gave him 4 free games, 12 months of live and $50? Microsoft spit in that kid's face.

Apparently the kid took a day off work to find that flaw too.
#17TheeLeehamPosted 4/4/2014 11:05:28 AM
BSerenity posted...
The hole in the security should have never been there. Especially from a company who prides itself on software. They could have done more for the kid as well. Oh well. It is fixed. Moving on.

Sony prides itself on its hardware but all of their consoles have multiple problems. Mistakes happen, what's impressive is the way a company handles a situation and corrects it.

In this case MS handled it quickly and didn't try to hide it from the public, even going as far as to reward the person that discovered the flaw. If you cant respect that then you are indeed a fanboy.
#18ExempliGratiaPosted 4/4/2014 11:08:13 AM
I think it's crazy a 5 year old found this flaw before millions people did. Sometimes it's the simplest things that work.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#19BSerenityPosted 4/4/2014 11:08:54 AM
TheeLeeham posted...
BSerenity posted...
The hole in the security should have never been there. Especially from a company who prides itself on software. They could have done more for the kid as well. Oh well. It is fixed. Moving on.

Sony prides itself on its hardware but all of their consoles have multiple problems. Mistakes happen, what's impressive is the way a company handles a situation and corrects it.

In this case MS handled it quickly and didn't try to hide it from the public, even going as far as to reward the person that discovered the flaw. If you cant respect that then you are indeed a fanboy.

Did you find my post threatening?
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#20TheeLeehamPosted 4/4/2014 11:12:41 AM
BSerenity posted...
TheeLeeham posted...
BSerenity posted...

Did you find my post threatening?

Yeah I feared for my own life because you attempted another stealth troll.