MS thanks 5 y/o for discovering a vulnerability

#21dementedlullabyPosted 4/4/2014 11:17:43 AM
cheezedadada posted...
BSerenity posted...
The hole in the security should have never been there. Especially from a company who prides itself on software. They could have done more for the kid as well. Oh well. It is fixed. Moving on.

I can agree with that. It shouldn't have been there, but unfortunately it was.

I think MS just needs to hire a few 5-year-old children and have them bang on the Xbox One controller like monkeys to see what they can break.

Screw that. Just get the monkeys. More entertaining too.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#22BSerenityPosted 4/4/2014 11:28:47 AM
TheeLeeham posted...
BSerenity posted...
TheeLeeham posted...
BSerenity posted...
The hole in the security should have never been there. Especially from a company who prides itself on software. They could have done more for the kid as well. Oh well. It is fixed. Moving on.

Sony prides itself on its hardware but all of their consoles have multiple problems. Mistakes happen, what's impressive is the way a company handles a situation and corrects it.

In this case MS handled it quickly and didn't try to hide it from the public, even going as far as to reward the person that discovered the flaw. If you cant respect that then you are indeed a fanboy.

Did you find my post threatening?

Yeah I feared for my own life because you attempted another stealth troll.

Do you know what stealth is? I was very much overt with my post (btw, wasn't even trolling). The hole should have never been there. It is a (minor) slight against MS which they fixed. I wasn't trying to hide that. I didn't try and use this to make it seem bigger and a huge negative like some others have. I certainly didn't bring Sony up nor down played the hack that happened to them.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#23TheeLeehamPosted 4/4/2014 11:31:54 AM
BSerenity posted...
TheeLeeham posted...
BSerenity posted...
TheeLeeham posted...
BSerenity posted...

Sony prides itself on its hardware but all of their consoles have multiple problems. Mistakes happen, what's impressive is the way a company handles a situation and corrects it.

In this case MS handled it quickly and didn't try to hide it from the public, even going as far as to reward the person that discovered the flaw. If you cant respect that then you are indeed a fanboy.

Did you find my post threatening?

Yeah I feared for my own life because you attempted another stealth troll.

Do you know what stealth is? I was very much overt with my post (btw, wasn't even trolling). The hole should have never been there. It is a (minor) slight against MS which they fixed. I wasn't trying to hide that. I didn't try and use this to make it seem bigger and a huge negative like some others have. I certainly didn't bring Sony up nor down played the hack that happened to them.

By all means keep trying to convince us that you're not a troll.

Pssssst..... No one believes you.
#24darkphoenix181Posted 4/4/2014 11:43:33 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
This needed another topic just to add that.

it does
#25blacklabelicePosted 4/4/2014 11:45:14 AM
microsoft prides themselves on their software, and this kid breached his way through their system with just a press of a button.

this kid is a genius. dont just give him a couple games. to hell with that. give him a god damn job as a tester for microsoft security
#26Pixx0Posted 4/4/2014 11:46:46 AM
So that 5y old kid is smarter than a bunch of devs at MS? That says a lot...
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#27BSerenityPosted 4/4/2014 11:53:09 AM
TheeLeeham posted...
By all means keep trying to convince us that you're not a troll.

Pssssst..... No one believes you.

I don't have to try. I know the difference between trolling and having legitimate concerns. You seem to not understand the differences tho.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#28cheezedadadaPosted 4/4/2014 11:58:06 AM
dementedlullaby posted...

Screw that. Just get the monkeys. More entertaining too.

Good point. Why get kids to act like monkeys when we can just get monkeys instead. Ill pass this along to the execs at Microsoft ASAP.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#29MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 12:56:28 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
This needed another topic just to add that.

it does

I think I needed to make this post, cause it seemed like people were ignoring that important part of the story.

Also, people say that the vulnerability shouldn't have been there in the first place. When it comes to electronics (all of them), I never expect it to be perfect within a few months of its release. Tweaks and changes are made to it all the time. How long did PS3 take to be a decent console? I guess MS is held to another standard.
---
FML
#30wiseguy100Posted 4/4/2014 1:01:14 PM
They should have rewarded him with a PS4.
---
360 gamertag, PSN ID and Wii U - wiseguy100