Who remembers getting their first Xbox live starter kit

#1PackersXLVPosted 4/4/2014 8:42:42 AM
I was just posting this in another topic and it brought back memories thought I make a post to lighten things up.

I remember going to Microplay early in the morning waiting for it to open in line of people all going for there starter kit.
That night after setting up I was ready to go I played Whacked the game that came with the kit man that game was fun I played it for hours chatting to random people and laughing at the game.
I think I also got Unreal Tournament that day also I remember playing it hours on end that was the best shooter experience I've ever had on Xbox live.

Anyone else got it day one share your memories here.
#2MRL3G3NDPosted 4/4/2014 8:56:31 AM
I joined live almost a year after it started... it came with a headset and MechAssault...

Blew me out of the water when I heard people talking...I played wolfenstein, and was blown away by the team work and role playing...

but the word on everybody kept saying was rainbow six 3....rented it...and ever since then I've been cracked out...ahh the good ole days
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#3Smoke410Posted 4/4/2014 8:57:54 AM
Ahh yes I remember it like it was yesterday. It was 2004, mine came with Crimson Skies, and I brought Counter Strike a few days later. Best summer of my life lol
#4PackersXLV(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 9:00:10 AM
I wish they bring back some of those memorable live games in HD format. Microsoft if your reading this for your 15 year anniversary bring back HD remakes of some of the titles listed in here.
#5AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/4/2014 9:03:05 AM
Yup, got the MechAssault starter kit when it came out.

Couldn't use it for a few weeks because my parents didn't have broadband.

Moved into my first apartment, got broadband and never looked back.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#6Nights2KPosted 4/4/2014 9:03:58 AM
I remember buying it for the first xbox it was a black box and you got a free headset that went round the back of your head, which I think was the best headset they gave for free, and I had to buy a Ethernet port for my computer because my computer didn't have a spare one if I remember correctly,
#7billsfanno1Posted 4/4/2014 9:04:11 AM
Me too. Didn't play a lot of online games though ... except for Midtown Madness which relentlessly sucked me in and kept me up into all hours of the night. Remember when they launched Arcade toward the end of the Xbox' life cycle? My history still shows a couple of the games I downloaded from that.
#8richboy900Posted 4/4/2014 9:27:14 AM
Rainbow six 3 and project Gotham racing 2 online. Good times.

I didn't get live straight away when it came out, but it was brilliant. Ever since and even now, I still rather online gaming. It's just better imo.

I played a lot of joint operations typhoon rising (PC) before I got Xbox live.
#9tubb311Posted 4/4/2014 9:53:03 AM
I used the free trial that came inside Halo 2 and let it auto renew
---
GT: DonShetland
#10SolidManifestPosted 4/4/2014 9:56:19 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
I joined live almost a year after it started... it came with a headset and MechAssault...

Good ole MechAssault. I "met" my first XBL friends on that game. We played the **** out of that game.
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell