Do you think it's possible for Xbox One to definitively win this generation?

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 4/4/2014 10:16:07 AM
I can't wait for the trophy presentation ceremony. I hope Phil sprays champagne all over Kaz and Iwata.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#12carljenk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 10:16:36 AM
sn3akywaffles posted...
carljenk posted...
sn3akywaffles posted...
the ps3 the clear winner from last gen lol how?

They stole all of the good Xbox 360 exclusives from us.

please elaborate lol this is just getting better and better

? Mass effect.. Even after Microsoft promised us it would never be on PS3
#13Rdeal2Posted 4/4/2014 10:17:51 AM
If your in the US, the PS3 was stomped all over and it was beaten in the UK aswell
#14sn3akywafflesPosted 4/4/2014 10:18:39 AM
carljenk posted...
sn3akywaffles posted...
carljenk posted...
sn3akywaffles posted...

? Mass effect.. Even after Microsoft promised us it would never be on PS3

and that means they won?

ps3 needed games last gen, im glad with more people getting mass effect, it was a great series

still thats pretty irrelevant to who "won" last gen
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
#15HiddenRoarPosted 4/4/2014 10:21:18 AM
sn3akywaffles posted...
carljenk posted...
sn3akywaffles posted...

Improved versions of:
Tales of Vesperia
Eternal Sonata
The iDOLM@STER 2

That last one probably nailed the coffin for the Xbox in Japan as the series is widely popular with otaku and was primarily an Xbox title before becoming exclusively PS.
#16xxtasy911Posted 4/4/2014 10:21:29 AM
EvilTrash posted...
There hasn't been a "definitive" generation winner since the PS2. Last generation there wasn't one, and this generation it isn't looking likely for one either.

Wii won last generation definitively....
---
PSN: KingCole | Gamertag: Coming Soon.... Maybe
#17ejay8320Posted 4/4/2014 10:22:01 AM
Jedi454 posted...
The term "winner" can be subjective. The Xbox One was a winner in my books, as was my 360 after my amazing experience with it. I don't care if the Xbox One sells 5-10-15-20-50 million less units, as long as Microsoft are still supporting it, then it is still a winner for me.

Actually from a business stand point there is a clear "winner," the one who makes the most money and gain more customers.

While PS3 did sell more consoles Xbox made more money(relative to the PS3) so Xbox won in that regards.

However PS4 is currently winning the more users battle at this point in time and usually leads to more software sales which leads to more earnings.

Now what your referring to is just preference, you like the xbox one better, thats fine, but it is no winner - far to early to say which will be the winner. What your saying is akin to a mother telling her child is winner in her eyes. (Not that it's bad but it's not really something to talk about)
#18cheezedadadaPosted 4/4/2014 10:22:14 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...
aszsith posted...
i don't think it is necessary to win anything. Microsoft makes lots of money and will continue to do so.

exactly, what does MS "winning" a game generation have to do with you? MS makes the money, you won't see a dime

---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#19SnoicFactorPosted 4/4/2014 10:24:11 AM
lol, not sure why people care so much. If MS is being honest, then they are in this to the end.. So, you can expect them to yield some type of profit, and you will still get great games. As long as they profit, and don't become irrelevant in the console market like Nintendo, they will be fine in second place.
---
nt
#20DarkHolesPosted 4/4/2014 10:24:50 AM
Yeah no, i think even ponies will admit the 360 was a better console overall last gen. Sony has a well installed fanbase, this is the biggest reason it sells better.
---
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.