Do you think it's possible for Xbox One to definitively win this generation?

#212PartyOIigarchyPosted 4/4/2014 10:26:32 AM
aszsith posted...
i don't think it is necessary to win anything. Microsoft makes lots of money and will continue to do so.

Actually, investors want to scrap Xbox due it's abysmal performance.
#22DarkHolesPosted 4/4/2014 10:26:48 AM
SnoicFactor posted...
lol, not sure why people care so much. If MS is being honest, then they are in this to the end.. So, you can expect them to yield some type of profit, and you will still get great games. As long as they profit, and don't become irrelevant in the console market like Nintendo, they will be fine in second place.

How is nintendo irrelevant?
Ps what you said about ms is the worst negative compliment i have ever heard
---
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.
#23DarkHolesPosted 4/4/2014 10:27:24 AM
2PartyOIigarchy posted...
aszsith posted...
i don't think it is necessary to win anything. Microsoft makes lots of money and will continue to do so.

Actually, investors want to scrap Xbox due it's abysmal performance.

No they don't you f***ing giraffe
---
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.
#24HiddenRoarPosted 4/4/2014 10:38:45 AM
DarkHoles posted...
No they don't you f***ing giraffe

http://i.imgur.com/tw8hGUD.png
#25EnclavePosted 4/4/2014 10:50:04 AM
carljenk posted...
After the PS3 was the clear winner over the Xbox 360 last generation, do you think it's still possible for Microsoft to pull ahead and beat the PS4 this gen? Please say why or why not.

The Wii was the definitive winner last gen, not the PS3.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#26chicken8orPosted 4/4/2014 10:50:27 AM
Everybody that I know agrees that the 360 was by far the best system last generation. This gen is too young and nothing had really been shown by either system.

That being said, nobody that I know that owns a PS4 and a One even touches their PS4 anymore. Therefore, my opinion is that the One is a better choice right now, regardless of the sales numbers.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#27method115Posted 4/4/2014 10:57:30 AM
chicken8or posted...
Everybody that I know agrees that the 360 was by far the best system last generation. This gen is too young and nothing had really been shown by either system.

That being said, nobody that I know that owns a PS4 and a One even touches their PS4 anymore. Therefore, my opinion is that the One is a better choice right now, regardless of the sales numbers.

Yea I think for most people the one will be the better choice. It has more variety when it comes to games espicially when it comes to AAA titles.

I only cared about BF4 and I wanted the best looking version so I went with the PS4. The X1 had no exclusives I was interested in other than TF which I didn't know was exclusive at the time. PS4 had no exclusives either but like I said I was only going next gen for BF4.
---
PSN: method114
#28CaIiber345Posted 4/4/2014 12:50:04 PM
Why are people so concerned over which console "wins" anything?

Wait. Never mind.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#29SabramPosted 4/4/2014 1:12:32 PM
MAy as well say that people shouldnt care which football team wins the Super Bowl each year. After all only the teams get the money from it, so why does it matter? Or hell, who even cares who gets a gold medal in the Olympics? Some athlete proving their the best doesnt make you a better swimmer, runner, etc.

Gaming is a hobby, a competitive hobby. Of course people are going to care which team does better than the other, even if it doesnt impact them at all. It's like game sales are points in a game, and exclusives are drafting key players. Some folks just like to follow this kind of thing like other people like to follow sports.

It isnt really rocket science to understand WHY they are fanboys. TBH the fanboys drive the console war more than anyone else, as they're the ones who are always early adopters, and buy every exclusive to their system including CE versions, which help drive the gaming market up as a whole.

Now, as to if I LIKE fanboys. No i do not, but i dont like fanboys of anything whether it be gaming, sports, cars, or whatever. They always come off as feeling smug and superior and that just annoys me.
---
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram
#30Ludacris01Posted 4/4/2014 1:27:57 PM
No, the Bone can't win. Not unless they make severe changes, which don't fall in line with Microsoft's business strategy.

And to answer that one guy's question, the PS3 outsold the 360 despite the 1 year head start that the 360 had. So yes, the PS3 beat the 360 last gen.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official King K. Rool of the Smash 4 board. KING K. ROOL FOR SMASH 4