Is it true that Xbox fans don't want a new Perfect Dark?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 4/4/2014 11:24:16 AM
Microsoft hasn't put one out in what, 9 years now? If there was demand, surely MS wouldn't just let the IP rot for a decade?
#2cheezedadadaPosted 4/4/2014 11:26:52 AM
Actually I think I read MS wants Rare to possibly stop doing kinect-only games and focus on previous franchises, so we might get one. I have to get the link for that though.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#3Joey-ZazaPosted 4/4/2014 11:27:18 AM
It doesn't need any sequels it's a game that can rest not every genre needs to be beaten into the ground.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#4AnakeriePosted 4/4/2014 11:28:35 AM
There are some ideas on the table, actually. Imperfect Dark was considered. Perfect Almost-Dark is also in discussion, as is Perfect Dark-But-Not-So-Dark-You-Have-To-Turn-On-A-Light-To-Get-To-The-Bathroom-But-Dark-Enough-That-You-May-Trip-Over-Your-Dog.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#5cheezedadadaPosted 4/4/2014 11:29:29 AM
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a557953/rare-no-longer-a-kinect-only-studio-assessing-classic-franchises.html#~oAuqEI7A8Fj4L1

Doesn't promise anything, but the ideas of re-visiting a game like that is possible.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#6MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 11:32:39 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
It doesn't need any sequels it's a game that can rest not every genre needs to be beaten into the ground.

So then you are satisfied by CoD, Battlefield, and Titanfall? Are those FPS really designed so well that there is no room for another?
#7DarkHolesPosted 4/4/2014 11:39:53 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...

This, it's the expectation people have that every good game needs a sequel that kills off any fond memories of any good games ever. Look at cod and that attrocity that is ghosts, not every series needs to become a bludgened to death horse.
---
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.
#8levelshooterPosted 4/4/2014 11:40:18 AM
Banjo three please :)
---
-not changing this Sig until David Moyes is sacked or wins a major trophy
#9MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 11:41:43 AM
cheezedadada posted...
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a557953/rare-no-longer-a-kinect-only-studio-assessing-classic-franchises.html#~oAuqEI7A8Fj4L1

Doesn't promise anything, but the ideas of re-visiting a game like that is possible.

All I got from that was "Wow, Rare thinks it has 11 year old fans! Lol that's cute."
#10darkshadowmasterPosted 4/4/2014 11:46:59 AM
I'm not against it, but after the most recent one I'm not interested.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.