I sure do hope there are no exploitable vulnerabilities in security with kinect

#1lilj812Posted 4/4/2014 10:57:43 AM
Could you imagine what would happen if a hacker or group of hackers found a way to get access to the kinect?

I'm sure it's unlikely... But PRISM did happen... This isn't a troll topic. This is a legitimate concern considering how much information the kinect itself has access to (namely, being inside people's homes).

Thoughts?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#2dementedlullabyPosted 4/4/2014 11:05:01 AM
lilj812 posted...
Thoughts?

lilj812 topic
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#3Garage_ManPosted 4/4/2014 11:07:33 AM
If hackers want it they will get it. As much as Microsoft would like you to believe your data is 100% safe it isn't. Anyone can crack into their servers if they truly truly wanted. I'm guessing they could also crack right into kinect cameras too. Honestly I think a group would be more interested in hacking Microsoft than it's Kinect. Nothing much to worry about, it's 2014...your data isn't safe anywhere anymore tbh.
#4shauntenninePosted 4/4/2014 11:09:04 AM
Oooo someone actually knows about and references PRISM on the xbo boards and it wasn't me. The Kinect is why I refuse to buy an xbox one. But talking about it and government programs like PRISM here will quickly bring out the people saying you wear a tinfoil hat. I'm with you tho.

Gov already has backdoor access to the Kinects always on camera and microphone. Anyone who says different doesn't know anything about the U.S. Government.
#5Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/4/2014 11:10:56 AM
do you put your financial records up next to you when you play the xbox?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#6chrish909Posted 4/4/2014 11:11:21 AM
You clown, you are saying you are high out your face in one topic and in this one you are trying to have an intelligent conversation about kinect securities.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#7EllesarienPosted 4/4/2014 11:11:35 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
lilj812 posted...
Thoughts?

lilj812 topic

---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 4/4/2014 11:12:52 AM
chrish909 posted...
You clown, you are saying you are high out your face in one topic and in this one you are trying to have an intelligent conversation about kinect securities.

That was like 2 hours ago. lol It doesn't last that long.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/4/2014 11:13:40 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
chrish909 posted...

That was like 2 hours ago. lol It doesn't last that long.

yes it does....
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#10AzaneAzerPosted 4/4/2014 11:13:55 AM
shauntennine posted...
Oooo someone actually knows about and references PRISM on the xbo boards and it wasn't me. The Kinect is why I refuse to buy an xbox one. But talking about it and government programs like PRISM here will quickly bring out the people saying you wear a tinfoil hat. I'm with you tho.

Gov already has backdoor access to the Kinects always on camera and microphone. Anyone who says different doesn't know anything about the U.S. Government.

People ignoring PRISM whenever spycam arguments pop up are just trolling.