Do Achievements/ Trophies add gameplay/ more replayable value for you?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do Achievements/ Trophies add gameplay/ more replayable value for you?
2 years ago#1
Do Achievements/ Trophies add gameplay/ more replayable value for you? - Results (102 votes)
Yes
73.53% (75 votes)
No
26.47% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What are your thoughts? My thoughts are an easy yes. I've sinked extra time in great games, simply because they have achievements and I felt like i've got my money's worth every time. If I was still gaming on PC, i'd play through something once and then discard it to never be played again.
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
2 years ago#2
I'm gonna go with a solid yes. They are addicting. Anyone who denies it is just fooling themselves for god only knows what reason.

Although if I don't care about the game or if the achievement is impossible I don't shoot for it or care all that much.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
2 years ago#3
No. I don't need achievements or trophies to add replay value to a game.
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
2 years ago#4
Yes, but only for games that don't start to drag after a couple minutes (usually only the terrible licensed games based off of cartoons and such, like Ben10 or Spongebob).
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
2 years ago#5
Of course they do, they give more goals to shoot for, with some games having really off-the-wall achievements where beating the game isn't even the fun of the game.
2 years ago#6
I don't actively go for them so, not really. The game being fun in the first place is what usually adds replay value for me.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
2 years ago#7
Sometimes, depends on difficulty and rarity. Bragging rights is always an incentive.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8059/8199250304_01370f5a4e_c.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8337/8207044795_85d12224dd_z.jpg
2 years ago#8
Nope, never got addicted to those things.
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
2 years ago#9
I'm kind of biased since I like getting Achievements for the sake of doing them, but I think they can if they're used properly. It's especially beneficial when they reward you with in-game content. One of the reasons I did multiple playthrough's of Mass Effect 1 (among having different classes) was because it granted you bonuses for completing certain tasks (ex. Play 70% of the game with Liara, kill X amount of enemies with Y power, etc). I wish more developers took up that kind of thing.
Gamertag: Biggy DX
2 years ago#10
I liked them in Mass Effect where they gave tangible in-game bonuses but other than that, no. Oh and I guess there were some funny ones in Portal 2.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do Achievements/ Trophies add gameplay/ more replayable value for you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived