Microsoft idiocy at it's best

#1IemanderPosted 4/4/2014 1:13:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxHdUDhOMyw

Talk about the biggest piece of bullcrap I've read in a long time.

Here's what the last poster said about this, couldn't agree more:

Dear God, it takes like 3 seconds to load the Microsoft website, which is just 100kb of html text.

And now they want to convince you they can do physics rendering at 0,0000000001ms through your broadband line for 20 000 objects simultaneously (So asynchronous connections).

By the time this is possible in real life humanity will be driving flying cars and none of the people posting in this thread will be still alive (Nor their children for that matter)

---
PC: i7-3820 | GTX 680 | 16GB DDR3 ---- Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | i7-3740QM | Quadro K3000M | 16GB DDR3
360 | PS3 | WII | DS | 3DS | Vita
#2vormisPosted 4/4/2014 1:20:58 PM
You just don't get it.
#3Ch3wyPosted 4/4/2014 1:22:03 PM
If you think that loading a website is simply downloading 100kb of HTML text you have no idea what you are talking about and should turn off your computer and leave the internet immediately.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#4method115Posted 4/4/2014 1:25:43 PM
Ch3wy posted...
If you think that loading a website is simply downloading 100kb of HTML text you have no idea what you are talking about and should turn off your computer and leave the internet immediately.

Exactly just like people who believe this cloud thing is going to take off need to do the same. If PC's aren't doing it, it's beause it's nonsense.
---
PSN: method114
#595_EclipsePosted 4/4/2014 1:25:44 PM
If anyone believes this cloud nonsense, they have no idea what they are talking about and should turn off their computer and leave the internet immediately.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 4/4/2014 1:29:08 PM
It makes me a bit sad that people on a gaming forum can look at a neat tech demo like this and not think that it's cool that companies like Microsoft are even testing something like it. Sure, the infrastructure may not be there right now to make it feasible, but progress has to start somewhere.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7The JackassPosted 4/4/2014 1:43:42 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
It makes me a bit sad that people on a gaming forum can look at a neat tech demo like this and not think that it's cool that companies like Microsoft are even testing something like it. Sure, the infrastructure may not be there right now to make it feasible, but progress has to start somewhere.

Didn't you know all technology should just be perfect and ready to go for the masses as soon as they start working on it?

Hell if that's the case games shouldn't have any development time and be released as soon as the are announced.
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#8Garage_ManPosted 4/4/2014 1:49:55 PM
The cloud is real..it CAN do a lot. Unfortunately we are limited by our internet speeds at this time. Me being 21 will more than likely never see this technology come into existence outside of tech demos. The internet speeds needed are crazy, you NEED low ping times with NO packet loss at any moment. No ones internet on the planet is that good. Even Google fiver and the such just cannot handle it.
#9leelee3105Posted 4/4/2014 1:53:07 PM
who ever is playing the sony fan boy drinking game.....DRINK UP!
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#10TreGoodaPosted 4/4/2014 1:56:03 PM
Idiocy at it is best.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."