X1 Has To Get It Together...

#1IMProdiGYPosted 4/4/2014 1:14:56 PM
I know 360 had it's issues with the RROD and other error's that would kill the system, but with all that the 360 was still good. From the UI down to Live.

I don't care about sales and 720p 60 FPS, but I do care about the lil issues the UI and XBOX LIVE has. I think the system is great when it works. I mean there are issues here and there and they can't control it, but wow come on already.

Like I said the X1 takes 10 steps forward then 6 backwards. lol if that makes any sense!

The UI can lag at the worst times, and if your finding a match and try to go to friends list or messages or store, you just stuck at a black screen. I have very fast internet so I know that is not the issue. They are updating the system to fix and add things that the 360 already mastered. Again, taking steps backwards.

I love the way the controller feels in hand, but the LB RB shoulder buttons are horrible. I will take the confort of the X1 controller with the button set up as 360. I mean the position of the buttons. The whole vibrate in the triggers means nothing to me and I almost can not even tell those are the rumbles I am feeling.

The resetting and Hard resetting of the X1 is also getting out of hand. Because I can not party up with friends or they can't party up either me or them or all of us have to hard reset. Or my favorite the home screen crash. My mic broke and I take good care of it. After done I put it back in the plastic it came in. So I went bought a used one and then swap it out. Took it back got my money. Why would Microsoft make such a stupid device they way they do. That was a huge issue with the 360 mic.

Again, the 360 hardware was not the best for your buck cheap stuff IMO, but the 360 was almost a masterpiece when it comes to Live, UI and Controller.

I love a lot of what X1 offers, but hate a lot of it. They may be little things, but little things add up and can add up to a point where it looks worst then what it really is. I have stood up for the X1 many times on here and I will continue to a point. They need to get with the program already. New Gen systems are suppose to be superior to last gen, not the other way around. I am not talking about games and looks. I know the X1 is more powerful and all that stuff.

Don't fool yourself I know everyone has to be dealing with the same issues. Maybe more for some than others.
---
You know you're old when you know what flipping a game means!! glhf
#2busterwolf3Posted 4/4/2014 1:36:52 PM
I know exactly how you feel. The UI lag is my biggest issue with the one. I hate the fact that I can't just check my friends or messages while I'm in a game because it might take upwards to 30 or 40 seconds just to load up the "app."
---
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon's light
Gamertag: Busterwolf3
#395_EclipsePosted 4/4/2014 1:38:51 PM
Why, what did comcast screw up now?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#4Garage_ManPosted 4/4/2014 1:44:15 PM
What do you expect though, the thing is basically running windows. Gone are the days of a custom os wrote specifically for it, now they are in a nutshell running windows on extremely low end hardware.

That said gotta give them time. Both consoles were rushed to market with a ton of features missing. I mean the flipping ps4 can't play MP3 files! Come on!

I agree about the bumper buttons, that is the deal breaker for me. I just can't use something that hurts my hands to hold.

All in all I'm hoping Microsoft sticks to their plans to support PC this gen, there would be no reason for a x1 IF they follow through, but then again this is MS.

TLDR...just give them time. Neither system has much going for it right now.
#5Jedi454Posted 4/4/2014 1:46:07 PM
The console has only been out for 5 months and all they can do is improve on it lol.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#6ZIONel44Posted 4/4/2014 1:47:06 PM
you guys gotta understand. this is new tech its gonna have bugs this has always been the case with lots of systems since as far as i can think. just gotta bare with it. Ps4 is not perfect either
---
XBL gt: lee the wise
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.
#7Laylow12Posted 4/4/2014 2:14:58 PM
MDF are going to be here shortly, the hive is stirring. I know what you mean man, i struggle to see anything redeeming about the system when I see what the competition offers. It's like they're going to say "Surprise we were just messing with ya" and an update will come out and make it as good as the 360 that night. Then the forced KINECT 2.0, weaker actual game hardware and more expensive price and you can't help but feel like were all on an episode of Punked or something.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8LEGEND_725Posted 4/4/2014 2:34:46 PM
Laylow12 posted...
MDF are going to be here shortly, the hive is stirring. I know what you mean man, i struggle to see anything redeeming about the system when I see what the competition offers. It's like they're going to say "Surprise we were just messing with ya" and an update will come out and make it as good as the 360 that night. Then the forced KINECT 2.0, weaker actual game hardware and more expensive price and you can't help but feel like were all on an episode of Punked or something.

Naw he didn't spread the lie of "vastly superior" multiplats or say Xbox one is about to go out of business so he checks out for me
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#9SilentBPosted 4/4/2014 2:47:20 PM
I agree with everything that you had to write, I've been having the same problems.
---
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."
#10ChemicalReaperPosted 4/4/2014 2:54:01 PM
I can live with some of the issues as they will be fixed over time, but the bumpers on the controller are just truly horrible. Hopefully they'll fix that, like how they refined/improved the Xbox and 360's controllers over time.

And if you have to hold one of the bumpers down, e.g. for using the binoculars in MGSV: Ground Zeroes, well... LOL good luck with that.
---
XBL: popcornC0L0N3L | PSN: Hank_McCheezy