"DirectX 12: A game changer for Xbox One"

#11billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 12:36:41 PM
SnoicFactor posted...
Rofl. ITT: you can download hardware

No, but you can develop games for the way the hardware is designed instead of porting previous gen code. Those Move engines and eSRAM that people love to mock are looking really good suddenly...
#12billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 12:39:17 PM
KingDFizzle posted...
Microsoft is the master of buzzwords that mean absolutely nothing. The cloud. DX12. eSRAM.

The X1 isn't as powerful as the PS4. Period. It's a fact. It's not going to change. Just accept it and enjoy your exclusives.

Buy that man a rocking chair.
#13Evel138Posted 4/4/2014 12:39:35 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Cue the gamefaqs masses of engineers and programmers....

Despite what ever the real substance of an issue may be.....this is by far the best reason to visit this site.

To mock.....errr, I mean marvel at all the resident CEOs, analysts, lawyers, game designers, engineers and other various assortment of experts there is at GFaqs.

I mean, its not like Microsoft has a team of doctorates of engineering anything......no no no, nothing compares to the collective expertise on display in these forums. Now if they could only come up with a way to get beyond moms place....technology really might go somewhere......
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#14quincy2000aPosted 4/4/2014 12:41:31 PM
Skepticism here after all that has happened...so I say, show me.

I own 'em both, so I don't lose either way--but show me.

Conservative estimate 2015?

And I wonder if Sony will be talking to AMD about Mantle?
#15billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 12:41:42 PM
MidnightJacket posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
http://www.neowin.net/news/directx-12-a-game-changer-for-xbox-one

"Suddenly, that Xbox One game that struggled at 720p will be able to reach fantastic performance at 1080p. For developers, this is a game changer."

"XBox One is the biggest beneficiary; it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one."

GameFaqs drinking game. Drink everytime you see a post like these...
"This isn't even possible. Another broken promise from Microsoft."
"The PS4 will also be improving at the same rate, so since it's 50% stronger than the X1 now, it'll be 100% more powerful by the time this gets implemented, if it ever does."
"power of da cloud!!1!!!"
"Even if it does run games at 1080p, they'll still run at 30 fps while PS4 runs them at 60fps."
"Even if it does run games at 1080p and 60 fps, the PS4 will probably have better lighting and textures."

Get ready.... DRINK!

No way, man. I'm still hungover from the last drinking game and it was just two rules:
"X1 can't do DirectX12, it's physically impossible"
"The cloud can't be used for rendering, Sony told us so"
#16HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/4/2014 12:43:27 PM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Its DESTINY. Even Mr Oddworld said reality was changing and the PS4 was becoming less powerful.

The PS4 is not getting less powerful, it just appears it's perceived power advantage is dwindling ... possibly to irrelevancy, possibly it will eventually be gone.

Its DESTINY man. A year ago the PS4 had 7.5GB for games, 6 months ago it had 5GB for games. Today it has 4.5 GB for games. Extrapolate that. By mid 2016 the PS4 will have less RAM for games than a tamagotchi and be limited to 64 colours.

Sure thats a lot of virgins blood, but reality manipulation is effective..observe, the world around you.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#17spacejamjordanzPosted 4/4/2014 12:43:17 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Its DESTINY. Even Mr Oddworld said reality was changing and the PS4 was becoming less powerful.

The PS4 is not getting less powerful, it just appears it's perceived power advantage is dwindling ... possibly to irrelevancy, possibly it will eventually be gone.

I am just as excited about DX12 improving the One as the next guy, but what you said is just flat out wrong. I don't understand why people delude themselves into thinking that.

#1. PS4's power advantage isn't perceived. It actually exists, it is real, and it won't disappear. You don't have to be a computer engineer to figure that out either. The only part of what you said that is possible is the X1 improving to a point to where the power gap is irrelevant. That will likely happen soon when it comes to third party software. That's the only thing to realistically expect.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#18BSerenityPosted 4/4/2014 12:43:43 PM
quincy2000a posted...
Skepticism here after all that has happened...so I say, show me.

I own 'em both, so I don't lose either way--but show me.

Conservative estimate 2015?

And I wonder if Sony will be talking to AMD about Mantle?

Sony doesn't need Mantle.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#19ImThe8thWonderPosted 4/4/2014 12:44:00 PM
Man, and here I thought we were done chasing these kind of things. As if the cloud wasn't bad enough. I don't understand how the Xbox side can pretend to be so self righteous regarding graphics and how it doesn't matter, then turn around and rub things like this all over everyone's face. Just quiet down and enjoy videogames...
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#20spacejamjordanzPosted 4/4/2014 12:56:53 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Man, and here I thought we were done chasing these kind of things. As if the cloud wasn't bad enough. I don't understand how the Xbox side can pretend to be so self righteous regarding graphics and how it doesn't matter, then turn around and rub things like this all over everyone's face. Just quiet down and enjoy videogames...

Better looking and better performing games on my Xbox One? Count me in, but any talk closing the power gap is borderline delusional. It's time to let that go.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138