"DirectX 12: A game changer for Xbox One"

#21billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 2:01:22 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Man, and here I thought we were done chasing these kind of things. As if the cloud wasn't bad enough. I don't understand how the Xbox side can pretend to be so self righteous regarding graphics and how it doesn't matter, then turn around and rub things like this all over everyone's face. Just quiet down and enjoy videogames...

This isn't just about 1080p/60fps. It's about making more power/efficiencies available to developers so they can work with it as they see fit.
#22FourManSevenPosted 4/4/2014 2:01:54 PM
It will help, but it won't be a game changer. Customers aren't even going to notice a difference between DX11 and DX12, only devs will.
#23OverLordChaosPosted 4/4/2014 2:04:57 PM
http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/04/03/performance-gap-ps4-x1-not-disappearing

Mr Oddworld was quoted wrong

Performance Gap between Ps4 and X1 will NOT disappear
#24Juzten76Posted 4/4/2014 2:14:42 PM
I wonder what Sony can do to catch up now that the Xbox One will crush it with double the power? I suppose the PS5 is only 3 years away.
#25Mcnamara-TroyPosted 4/4/2014 2:19:31 PM
OverLordChaos posted...

the original interview remains is unchanged, that looks like a site no-one heard of has sour grapes
#26SoulTrapperPosted 4/4/2014 2:21:01 PM
Mcnamara-Troy posted...
OverLordChaos posted...

the original interview remains is unchanged, that looks like a site no-one heard of has sour grapes

No way! The website called "xboxachievements" didn't change an article talking positively about the xbox?
#27CaIiber345Posted 4/4/2014 2:24:58 PM
Lol. The same fanboys clinging to the same nonsense over and over, reassuring themselves they chose the right product. Just go play a ******* video game and be happy.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#28nickr2d2Posted 4/4/2014 2:25:43 PM
PoweredMilkMan posted...
Uh oh, there is a storm coming, seek shelter! The trolls, they cometh. You spew blasphemy out of your mouth. No praise for the xbox one shall ever be spoken here.

TAKE COVER!!!
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#29CaIiber345Posted 4/4/2014 2:27:08 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Man, and here I thought we were done chasing these kind of things. As if the cloud wasn't bad enough. I don't understand how the Xbox side can pretend to be so self righteous regarding graphics and how it doesn't matter, then turn around and rub things like this all over everyone's face. Just quiet down and enjoy videogames...

This isn't just about 1080p/60fps. It's about making more power/efficiencies available to developers so they can work with it as they see fit.

Which they should have done in the first place, except they were too busy filling the "box" as they call it with other garbage to run Kinect and media.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#30ChemicalReaperPosted 4/4/2014 2:29:52 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Cue the gamefaqs masses of engineers and programmers....

I am a space marine major general, and hold PhD's in extragalactic biology and interplanetary law, and I also have a thorough understanding of Xbox One's CPU and I will proceed to tell everyone in this thread how they are wrong, because I'm an irritating know-it-all prat.
---
XBL: popcornC0L0N3L | PSN: Hank_McCheezy