"DirectX 12: A game changer for Xbox One"

#31quincy2000aPosted 4/4/2014 1:31:02 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/04/04/microsoft-shows-off-power-of-the-cloud-for-xbox-one/

A slightly different, more conservative take on it.
#32MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/4/2014 1:34:00 PM
ChemicalReaper posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Cue the gamefaqs masses of engineers and programmers....

I am a space marine major general, and hold PhD's in extragalactic biology and interplanetary law, and I also have a thorough understanding of Xbox One's CPU and I will proceed to tell everyone in this thread how they are wrong, because I'm an irritating know-it-all prat.

Sounds like you're a Mass Effect character. I think I'm going to choose the correct dialogue path that gets you killed because you're an irritating know-it-all prat.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#33CaIiber345Posted 4/4/2014 1:35:03 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...
ChemicalReaper posted...
Ellesarien posted...

I am a space marine major general, and hold PhD's in extragalactic biology and interplanetary law, and I also have a thorough understanding of Xbox One's CPU and I will proceed to tell everyone in this thread how they are wrong, because I'm an irritating know-it-all prat.

Sounds like you're a Mass Effect character. I think I'm going to choose the correct dialogue path that gets you killed because you're an irritating know-it-all prat.

Lol.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#34ChemicalReaperPosted 4/4/2014 1:39:10 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...
ChemicalReaper posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Aww, d***.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhYRJbCzIZw
---
XBL: popcornC0L0N3L | PSN: Hank_McCheezy
#35Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/4/2014 1:46:33 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Its DESTINY. Even Mr Oddworld said reality was changing and the PS4 was becoming less powerful.

The PS4 is not getting less powerful, it just appears it's perceived power advantage is dwindling ... possibly to irrelevancy, possibly it will eventually be gone.

Nah, PS4 will just use mantle which is exactly the same as Direct X 12
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#36SupesOneMillionPosted 4/4/2014 1:54:59 PM
I'm sure exactly none of you even understand what an API is. And above, no Microsoft is too short sighted to use competing software and PS4 usage is equally unlikely. Don't worry, the Xbox one will be able to use very few of DX12's suite of features, it physically cannot, but OpenGL is just as credible a development platform.

DX12 is mostly beneficial to PC players like myself.
#37Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/4/2014 2:00:12 PM
SupesOneMillion posted...
I'm sure exactly none of you even understand what an API is. And above, no Microsoft is too short sighted to use competing software and PS4 usage is equally unlikely. Don't worry, the Xbox one will be able to use very few of DX12's suite of features, it physically cannot, but OpenGL is just as credible a development platform.

DX12 is mostly beneficial to PC players like myself.

OpenGL lacks a lot of features for an API, it hasn't had real support in years, however the PS4 can support Mantle, the API is essentially the same as Direct X 12, removes CPU bottleneck limitations.

Nvidia is releasing a driver this month that actually clears up a lot of those limitations, therefor getting Direct X12 performance out of Direct X 11

http://wccftech.com/nvidias-directx-11-driver-better-mantle-api-benchmark/

So really, Direct X 12 isn't exactly needed as people think it is if you have proper driver support, but then again, both machines are using AMD which is extremely bad in that department.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#38Private_NoobPosted 4/4/2014 2:03:19 PM
Lies! All lies!
---
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!
#39GFaqsUser22Posted 4/4/2014 2:06:14 PM
Evel138 posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Despite what ever the real substance of an issue may be.....this is by far the best reason to visit this site.

To mock.....errr, I mean marvel at all the resident CEOs, analysts, lawyers, game designers, engineers and other various assortment of experts there is at GFaqs.

I mean, its not like Microsoft has a team of doctorates of engineering anything......no no no, nothing compares to the collective expertise on display in these forums. Now if they could only come up with a way to get beyond moms place....technology really might go somewhere......

QFT
#40KOTRwhoopsPosted 4/4/2014 2:08:13 PM
I hope it's true, but this looks like more hyped marketing bollocks.
---
PLAYING - Titanfall (XBO), Infamous SS (PS4), Final Fantasy X (PS3)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555