"DirectX 12: A game changer for Xbox One"

#41jellybeanmasterPosted 4/4/2014 3:57:18 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Its DESTINY. Even Mr Oddworld said reality was changing and the PS4 was becoming less powerful.

The PS4 is not getting less powerful, it just appears it's perceived power advantage is dwindling ... possibly to irrelevancy, possibly it will eventually be gone.

Its DESTINY man. A year ago the PS4 had 7.5GB for games, 6 months ago it had 5GB for games. Today it has 4.5 GB for games. Extrapolate that. By mid 2016 the PS4 will have less RAM for games than a tamagotchi and be limited to 64 colours.

Sure thats a lot of virgins blood, but reality manipulation is effective..observe, the world around you.

spelled tamagachi wrong...
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#42DarkAdonis123Posted 4/4/2014 4:04:30 PM
Yeah, the cloud is a game changer too. I'll believe all this stuff when I see it. Right now M$ is going to promise you whatever they think will convince you to go out and drop cash on an Xbox One.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#43Kageblade23Posted 4/4/2014 4:12:04 PM
KingDFizzle posted...
Microsoft is the master of buzzwords that mean absolutely nothing. The cloud. DX12. eSRAM.

The X1 isn't as powerful as the PS4. Period. It's a fact. It's not going to change. Just accept it and enjoy your exclusives.

this pretty much wether better or for worse microsoft seems to like doing 180s on their promises
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!
#44billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 4:14:11 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Its DESTINY. Even Mr Oddworld said reality was changing and the PS4 was becoming less powerful.

The PS4 is not getting less powerful, it just appears it's perceived power advantage is dwindling ... possibly to irrelevancy, possibly it will eventually be gone.

Nah, PS4 will just use mantle which is exactly the same as Direct X 12

You know better than that. Or maybe you're not as informed as I once gave you credit for being.
#45Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/4/2014 4:17:15 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

You know better than that. Or maybe you're not as informed as I once gave you credit for being.

Mantle does the exact same thing as DX12, both are APIs and both reduce the overhead of CPU usage and removes the bottlenecks.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#4695_EclipsePosted 4/4/2014 4:19:23 PM
It actually makes me feel sad how many people are fools. But MS knows, a fool is quickly parted from his money.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#47billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 4:19:25 PM
quincy2000a posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/04/04/microsoft-shows-off-power-of-the-cloud-for-xbox-one/

A slightly different, more conservative take on it.

Different subject. But imagine DX12 + cloud. Then read the latest eSRAM articles and add that into the equation.
#48billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 4:20:48 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Mantle does the exact same thing as DX12, both are APIs and both reduce the overhead of CPU usage and removes the bottlenecks.

I guess it's the latter, then.
#49TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/4/2014 4:21:24 PM
SnoicFactor posted...
Rofl. ITT: you can download hardware

You do realize that software can cause hardware to perform differently, right? This is embarrassing.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#50Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/4/2014 4:27:56 PM
billsfanno1 posted...

I guess it's the latter, then.

http://wccftech.com/amd-mantle-demo-game-gpubound-cpu-cut-2ghz/

Mantle heavily reduces the CPU’s workload

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/03/microsoft-touts-performance-improvements-for-existing-hardware-in-directx-12/

Microsoft also discussed new CPU indexing algorithms in DirectX 12 that choose which core to use for specific tasks with no overhead. This lets those cores work completely asynchronously, Gosalia said, and maximizes the power of today's multi-core processors. I

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/28/amd-ready-to-provide-mantle-support-for-ps4-and-xbox-one-could-push-performance-of-both-further/

So please take a moment and educate yourself and know what the hell you're talking about before commenting, especially making a topic in which you have no f******* clue as what you're even promoting.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant