"DirectX 12: A game changer for Xbox One"

#61billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 9:32:08 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
What advantage does Direct X 12 possibly have over Mantle or other APIs?

Market

Not for console, PS4 is lead platform for consoles, bigger market share by quite a bit. Consoles generate developer the most income, even tho I love PC the developer always follows the largest console market, which at this time is the PS4 and I don't see that ending.

Console is small biz compared to the reach of DX12. NVIDIA is already at par with Mantle in DX11.

Doesn't matter, counting PC and Xbox One game sales combined(MultiplatS), PS4 will probably do both of those together.

PC gamers mostly buy when the game is on sale for a few bucks.

Sorry, but the PS4 is the market holder this generation.

Well, what about phones and tablets? DX12 has got them covered and Qualcomm is on board. As I said earlier ... market. PS4 is but a sliver of it.
#62mokmuudPosted 4/4/2014 9:47:30 PM
When it comes to gaming phones and tablets are a joke. Apps sell a lot but only due to the fact that they are a dollar or so.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#63Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/4/2014 9:53:27 PM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...

Well, what about phones and tablets? DX12 has got them covered and Qualcomm is on board. As I said earlier ... market. PS4 is but a sliver of it.

Ah, yeah.. all those multi-million dollar budget games on tablets and phones. I'm sure Angry Birds will be amazing on DirectX 12

Problem is, Microsoft is a minority in the Phone/Tablet field. Android and iOS owns that, and guess what, no DirectX 12.

and for PC, well, many developers are switching over to Linux, which offers mantle support(Mantle is open source so it can be used freely by anyone) and well, Steambox which Steam holds the PC gaming market down is going Linux with it, developers will follow suit and soon, Microsoft will not even have a PC share when it comes to gaming

so in a few years, the only thing using DX12 will be just the Xbox One

---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#64N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 4/4/2014 10:07:35 PM
The problem here is that there are a few pieces of hardware within the X1 that could possibly make it able to run games just as good looking, or maybe even better than some PS4 titles in the future.

These pieces of hardware haven't been properly explained by anyone at Microsoft, or any tech sites. The 4 DMA ''move engines'', the eSRAM, and the Cloud all being used by a developer that revolves the entire game engine around it would be able to accomplish things we may have never seen before in games.

But like I said, nobody has fully explained any of these pieces of the system, let alone explain how they could all be use in conjunction with eachother.

When will we finally get a thorough breakdown of the X1, and what each piece of the hardware is able to provide to developers? Seriously, this bugs the **** out of me.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#65N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 4/4/2014 10:15:39 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

Ah, yeah.. all those multi-million dollar budget games on tablets and phones. I'm sure Angry Birds will be amazing on DirectX 12

Problem is, Microsoft is a minority in the Phone/Tablet field. Android and iOS owns that, and guess what, no DirectX 12.

and for PC, well, many developers are switching over to Linux, which offers mantle support(Mantle is open source so it can be used freely by anyone) and well, Steambox which Steam holds the PC gaming market down is going Linux with it, developers will follow suit and soon, Microsoft will not even have a PC share when it comes to gaming

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt during the other interactions we've had, but jesus christ dude. You don't need to go into all this intricate detail with your posts.

Every single post I have ever seen you make, literally translates to: ''I HATE ANYTHING MICROSOFT RELATED''. So from now on, why not just post that every time you have something to say. Would save you a lot of typing, and everyone else a lot of reading. Hell, you could even copy and paste every post. That way you could spend less time here talking about something you actually hate, and more time playing your games for what ever console/OS you actually like.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#66billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 5:25:39 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

So you're going all in on MS failing, across the board, with DX12. That's an untenable position, but certainly typical of the mindset that continuously floods this forum -- anything that's a competitive difference for X1 must be overhyped garbage ... DX12, cloud, eSRAM, Move engines, Kinect, Titanfall. I can only imagine the stress that is building as each of these things are increasingly showing promise/succeeding and as E3 approaches.
#67godplaysSNESPosted 4/5/2014 5:40:54 AM
Unless Microsoft screwed up with the Xbox One's current low-level API, DX12 will be irrelevant on the Xbox One

The whole benefit of developing for the consoles come from the ability to "code to the metal". A console doesn't have anything to gain by sharing an API with the PC, which has to be supported tons of different architectures
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#68billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 5:52:05 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
Unless Microsoft screwed up with the Xbox One's current low-level API, DX12 will be irrelevant on the Xbox One

The whole benefit of developing for the consoles come from the ability to "code to the metal". A console doesn't have anything to gain by sharing an API with the PC, which has to be supported tons of different architectures

Do yourself a favor and read up on the current X1 API as well as DX12. You will then realize that this comment is just silly.
#69Juzten76Posted 4/5/2014 6:22:28 AM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt during the other interactions we've had, but jesus christ dude. You don't need to go into all this intricate detail with your posts.

Every single post I have ever seen you make, literally translates to: ''I HATE ANYTHING MICROSOFT RELATED''. So from now on, why not just post that every time you have something to say. Would save you a lot of typing, and everyone else a lot of reading. Hell, you could even copy and paste every post. That way you could spend less time here talking about something you actually hate, and more time playing your games for what ever console/OS you actually like.

The guy is here on a daily basis just to hate on the X1. I just don't understand why some of these fanboys are so dedicated to hating on a piece of plastic. He tries so hard that every post just comes off as reassurance. At this point, he's just trying to convince himself that the X1 is crap. It's funny because I've never felt hate towards any console, so it's weird seeing someone form an alliance with a brand name. The only explanation I can come up with is that he works for Sony. Why else would anyone care so deeply about what console a stranger prefers?
#70billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 6:41:21 AM
mokmuud posted...
When it comes to gaming phones and tablets are a joke. Apps sell a lot but only due to the fact that they are a dollar or so.

I thought playing PS4 games on Vita was awesome?