"DirectX 12: A game changer for Xbox One"

#71ssjgohhkuPosted 4/5/2014 6:42:31 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
mokmuud posted...
When it comes to gaming phones and tablets are a joke. Apps sell a lot but only due to the fact that they are a dollar or so.

I thought playing PS4 games on Vita was awesome?

The only things that are awesome are the infinite power of the cloud, esram and directx 12.
#72Foreign ObjectsPosted 4/5/2014 6:45:28 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't see any positives in a game company releasing a console that needs an "update" to reach its potential. I think that is counter intuitive.
---
etc
#73schmarkenheimerPosted 4/5/2014 7:11:41 AM
"While each generation of video card struggles to gain substantial performance over the previous generation, here, the same hardware will suddenly see a doubling of performance.

XBox One is the biggest beneficiary; it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one. "

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gif
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#74godplaysSNESPosted 4/5/2014 7:16:45 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
Unless Microsoft screwed up with the Xbox One's current low-level API, DX12 will be irrelevant on the Xbox One

The whole benefit of developing for the consoles come from the ability to "code to the metal". A console doesn't have anything to gain by sharing an API with the PC, which has to be supported tons of different architectures

Do yourself a favor and read up on the current X1 API as well as DX12. You will then realize that this comment is just silly.

Pot calling the kettle black
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#75billsfanno1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 7:26:21 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
Unless Microsoft screwed up with the Xbox One's current low-level API, DX12 will be irrelevant on the Xbox One

The whole benefit of developing for the consoles come from the ability to "code to the metal". A console doesn't have anything to gain by sharing an API with the PC, which has to be supported tons of different architectures

Do yourself a favor and read up on the current X1 API as well as DX12. You will then realize that this comment is just silly.

Do yourself a favor and read up on what "pot calling the kettle black" means. You will then realize that this comment is just silly.
#76godplaysSNESPosted 4/5/2014 7:28:42 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Do yourself a favor and read up on what "pot calling the kettle black" means. You will then realize that this comment is just silly.

Pot calling the kettle black again
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#77N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 4/5/2014 1:10:34 PM
What people arent taking into account as far as this entire DX12 thing with the Xbox goes, is this:

DX12 is an API for PC's, which needs to run on a ridiculous amount of different types of hardware. When you program a game for many, many different types of system set-ups, you lose alot of optimization, and more time/money is spent on development as opposed to say, designing for a closed system.

The X1 is a closed system. Not only will DX12 allow great things to happen on PC that have been causing issues in the past, but it will make porting games over to the X1 very easy.

Also, with the X1 being a closed system, using DX12 for console games will allow for it to be optimized to a ''T'', and will make the optimization easier.

So, you have porting games between PC and X1 being an advantage, and you have the entire optimization issue that PC developers have, gone when using DX12 on Xbox. Yes, the Xbox One has a lower level API, but developers are familiar with DirectX. The learning curve would be more level.

Mantle support is a very valid point in comparison to DX12, but DX12 will allow mantle integration if a developer wants to go that route (on PC), but the entire point of DX12, is to solve the same problems that mantle has been aiming to solve as well.

Mantle support for Battlefield 4 has been fairly limited, and the gains from it werent what were projected.

Do we even know for a fact that the Playstation 4 is going to be using mantle as its API? No we dont, but there are hints that neither the Xbox One or the Playstation 4 will support Mantle.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/168671-xbox-one-will-not-support-amds-mantle-and-ps4-is-also-unlikely-is-mantle-doa
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#78Juzten76Posted 4/5/2014 1:25:11 PM
Foreign Objects posted...

I don't see any positives in a game company releasing a console that needs an "update" to reach its potential. I think that is counter intuitive.

I think it's great.
#79PoloMan6Posted 4/5/2014 1:48:53 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Cue the gamefaqs masses of engineers and programmers....

Hehe...well said !
#80MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/5/2014 2:05:07 PM
Anyone who thinks that DirectX will not be the definitive API this generation is just kidding themselves. There is an entire generation of developers who have spent their entire professional careers on using just DirectX. If you think they're going to jump ship now because there's an alternative option, you're kidding yourself.

Mantle will be seen as an extravagance. Something that will require additional resources for developers to program for. Market share will go to DirectX like it always has.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."