Phil Spencer: "Xbox Is 1st And Foremost A Game Console"

#21BushidoEffect3Posted 4/5/2014 4:29:44 AM
LMAO Phil... now he's parroting Kaz Hirai when he said the PS4 was a primarily a game console. Which it is. Spencer just accept the facts already.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
#22MightyMunaPosted 4/5/2014 4:31:42 AM
iSkadoosh posted...
Why did microsoft interview microsoft?

Incest.
#23TauriLeaderPosted 4/5/2014 4:38:20 AM
He is the new mouthpiece in a new PR move to try and get people to buy an Xbox. Things will not change with him in charge as he is at a Jack Tretton level, give the E3 speech, do paperwork and keep an eye on internal development. All the big boy decisions are done higher up like at Andrew House level so it is Elop decision to cut Kinect and a price cut.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#24richboy900Posted 4/5/2014 4:38:51 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
He said the complete opposite last year, which is why there's no credibility is this statement.

They designed the project with multimedia ahead of gaming, and it's shown.

This, the damage has already been done in terms of the gaming aspect. Making the console an all round system with the kinect will make the hardware take a hit. Unless of course they priced it at $600 or more.

They should have brought in the media/tv functions later on like with the Xbox 360.
#25blacklabelicePosted 4/5/2014 4:46:09 AM(edited)
TheGam3925 posted...
blacklabelice posted...
wow microsoft has came a long way

11 months ago we all got the pleasure of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

those were some dark times.

They said TV like 53 times in that video.

i actually watched the unveiling and despite how badly edited that clip is, thats pretty much the gist of all i got out of that conference.

it was downright terrible. sure they brought some games to E3 but all i could think of at that time is my discontent with their DRM and the way they tried to announce a video game console as a god damn digital television box to watch sports on.

theres plenty of memes out there that originate from that reveal conference alone. but that wasnt really the outrage....the outrage was the new policies they listed on the website a couple days before. after that microsoft was pretty much asking mocked and taken as a joke after trying to crap all over the consumers with its satan worshipping policies, and then spending two god damn hours bragging about how awesome it will be to be able to watch TV.

yeah. how will we ever forget that one?? even the most hardcore of fanboys would admit that was quite the epic fail.
#26richboy900Posted 4/5/2014 4:45:10 AM
nableet posted...
EvilScythe posted...
You guys do realize the Xbox One is the console with actual games to play currently right??? Seriously, the PS4 has so many games that the Sony fanboys hangout here all the time rather than play Knack. But who can blame them?

Ps4 has more games than the xbone. Get a clue.

He's talking about games you'd actually want to own. There's nothing so far on ps4 I'd want to buy other than bf4 which you can get on xb1 so...

The multiplats are superior on the Sony console, I'll give you that.
#27blacklabelicePosted 4/5/2014 4:54:50 AM(edited)
what if people dont want to own ryse, dead rising, forza, KI and pvz? going by the same logic, would the xbox one still not have any games as well?

i dont know man. the library for both systems arent too impressive. hopefully something good will come out of E3.

MGS V was announced at last E3 and thats the one i was looking forward to the most. and forza 5, but that one disappointed me. i hope MGS delivers after how long its been now since they kicked off that conference and i was pretty stoked for it. but there needs to be some solid blockbuster titles announced.

i mean a bunch of kinect stuff, another call of duty/battlefield rehash, and then showing off games they were already talking about at last e3 isnt going to cut it. not for me anyways. they really need to announce just one must-have game that we are familiar with, and drive that baby home.
#28nableetPosted 4/5/2014 5:09:35 AM
richboy900 posted...
nableet posted...
EvilScythe posted...
You guys do realize the Xbox One is the console with actual games to play currently right??? Seriously, the PS4 has so many games that the Sony fanboys hangout here all the time rather than play Knack. But who can blame them?

Ps4 has more games than the xbone. Get a clue.

He's talking about games you'd actually want to own. There's nothing so far on ps4 I'd want to buy other than bf4 which you can get on xb1 so...

The multiplats are superior on the Sony console, I'll give you that.

Which is totally subjective and therefore irrelevant.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#29BushidoEffect3Posted 4/8/2014 12:28:43 AM
That_Damn_Kid posted...
"Phil Spencer was interviewed by Major Nelson today to talk about his new role as the head of Xbox. Phil makes it clear that he sees Xbox as a game console above all else.

Wait since when? LOL did he get promoted out of necessity due to Don Mattrick making a fool of himself last year?

The guy looks constipated all the time. His face lol.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
#30CaIiber345Posted 4/8/2014 1:09:37 AM
richboy900 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
He said the complete opposite last year, which is why there's no credibility is this statement.

They designed the project with multimedia ahead of gaming, and it's shown.

This, the damage has already been done in terms of the gaming aspect. Making the console an all round system with the kinect will make the hardware take a hit. Unless of course they priced it at $600 or more.

They should have brought in the media/tv functions later on like with the Xbox 360.

They could have launched at $400 with an optional Kinect, and even a second bundle with Kinect for $500. Without Kinect all of the voice and motion stuff would obviously be missing, but only the people who wanted it would have bought it. Everyone else could have bought a normal console and Microsoft could have continued on with LIVE.

But they got greedy and tried to put a central home multimedia device in 80 million homes. (Spencer has arrogantly said that the Xbox brand "has the hardcore gamer" but that hasn't happened, now has it, Phil?) They thought the install base of 360 was going to go out en masse and adopt One, but that didn't happen. It's a bold and smart move in terms of competitive, consolidated media hardware...except it didn't work. Spencer is another mouthpiece and he's trying to do PR and marketing damage control. Sorry, Phil, your "box" (they all call Xbox One the "box"...) wasn't designed for gamers, and we know it.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny