I kinda hate multiple consoles. Why can't there be ONE to rule them all?

#1gfaqsterPosted 4/5/2014 1:18:08 AM
yeah yeah LoTR reference there.

But I'm serious why can't there be 1 console that gets ALL the games?

I hate having to buy the crappy wii u just to get Mario and Zelda games and then play nothing else on it.

I hate having to choose between a One and PS4 when 80% of the games are the same and they get some few rare exclusives that I like from both!

I wish that there was one console that just got all the games ;_;
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2Jedi454Posted 4/5/2014 1:36:13 AM
Consumer choice is much better. How would you feel if you were only allowed to eat one food in the world, drive one type of car, have one type of haircut, listen to one type of music? Exactly. It would be a textbook definition of Communism.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#3chogiebearPosted 4/5/2014 1:53:33 AM
Because it will not drive competition, therefore no improvement or innovation.
#4levelshooterPosted 4/5/2014 2:02:09 AM
The games would suck.
---
-not changing this Sig until David Moyes is sacked or wins a major trophy
#5PominAusPosted 4/5/2014 2:05:44 AM
levelshooter posted...
The games would suck.

Price of games would likely go up too if there was only one place to play them.
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 4/5/2014 2:10:35 AM
PominAus posted...
levelshooter posted...
The games would suck.

Not just game prices
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#7TenzhiPosted 4/5/2014 2:22:00 AM
Rather than just one console, what I'd like to see is a set of standards in place for games and consoles that would make them inherently compatible with multiple devices, and thus consoles would be like DVD/Blu-Ray players for video games. There would be multiple consoles from various manufacturers, and they might have their own sets of services, but games would just be games - not PS4 games, or XBOne games, just universal games.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#8dnmtPosted 4/5/2014 2:22:12 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Consumer choice is much better. How would you feel if you were only allowed to eat one food in the world, drive one type of car, have one type of haircut, listen to one type of music? Exactly. It would be a textbook definition of Communism.

I don't know man, the PS2 era was pretty damn good for gaming.
#9PominAusPosted 4/5/2014 2:27:44 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
PominAus posted...
levelshooter posted...
The games would suck.

Not just game prices

Sure. Hardware and subscription costs would rise too. It boggles my mind how people can think the industry would be better off with one company dominating hardware.

People may not like MS/Sony/Nintendo but the consumer benefits from the big three competing with each other. Games with gold likely wouldn't exist had Sony not implemented PS+, PS+ likely wouldn't have the quality of great games had MS not implemented GWG in response to PS+.
#10Caer_DeathPosted 4/5/2014 3:29:48 AM
dnmt posted...
Jedi454 posted...

I don't know man, the PS2 era was pretty damn good for gaming.

According to my sources at GameFAQS.com, home of the world's best GameFAQS, the PS2 competed with the Xbox and the Gamecube.
---
"Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook."