For me at least, it's less about the space bar password bypass that annoys me...

#11Juzten76Posted 4/5/2014 1:30:31 PM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Great, I bring up sony first so we dont have to do this **** and even say that Sony was even more in the wrong and yet, here we are again. For a bunch of kids who hate on sony and the ps4 so much you guys really can shut the **** up about them can you?

What will it take you for you guys to have a conversation without placing blame on one camp or another? Or at the very least see that not everythings a competition and two wrongs do not make a right?

EDIT: Oh and to answer your question bess, two weeks, like I said in the first post.

Stop trolling kid. You try any harder and you'll get a hernia.
#12chedibang1994Posted 4/5/2014 1:31:57 PM
Chosen_one_41 posted...
wtf did I just read?

Egoraptor voice with this line will be gold
---
When Orchid bends over........UUUUUULLLTTTRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!
#13MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/5/2014 1:49:21 PM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
...It's the way MS handled it that really gets to me on a personal / consumer level. Instead of being honest and forthright by just saying they made an embarrassing oversight and they will work to make sure nothing like this happens again; they chose to downplay this vulnerability in security by "thanking" the 5 year old who discovered it and pay him off.

Except they were honest and forthright and admitted it was a security flaw in their system and fixed it immediately. According to your logic, they should have stiffed the kid and given him nothing because you don't like the optics of the situation.

Seriously. Grow the **** up and stop trying to find fault with what was a completely innocuous event.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#1495_EclipsePosted 4/5/2014 2:04:55 PM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Great, I bring up sony first so we dont have to do this **** and even say that Sony was even more in the wrong and yet, here we are again. For a bunch of kids who hate on sony and the ps4 so much you guys really can shut the **** up about them can you?

What will it take you for you guys to have a conversation without placing blame on one camp or another? Or at the very least see that not everythings a competition and two wrongs do not make a right?

EDIT: Oh and to answer your question bess, two weeks, like I said in the first post.

This thread was no less troll bait than my thread you called troll bait on the ps4 boards, except yours is on the Xbo boards, so why are you surprised by the response?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#15L4YER_CAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 2:29:19 PM
I implore any one of you Xbox superfans to explain to me why this topic = angry fanboy troll rant. Seriously, disagree with the content of my post all you want, not one word of it is designed to illicit any negative reaction from anybody.

Matter a fact, I believe I went out of my way to ensure that nobody would be offended by this topic, and you all either dismissed it or insulted me. For christs sake a true fan of something can take it's criticism. Only a fanboy blindly defends their product of choice without a moments hesitation and calls anyone with criticism to voice a troll in an effort to undercut what they're trying to say.

In a word, it's pathetic..and eclipse I would answer your question honestly if I didn't already know that you knew the answer to it.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#16Chosen_one_41Posted 4/5/2014 3:16:22 PM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
I implore any one of you Xbox superfans to explain to me why this topic = angry fanboy troll rant. Seriously, disagree with the content of my post all you want, not one word of it is designed to illicit any negative reaction from anybody.

Matter a fact, I believe I went out of my way to ensure that nobody would be offended by this topic, and you all either dismissed it or insulted me. For christs sake a true fan of something can take it's criticism. Only a fanboy blindly defends their product of choice without a moments hesitation and calls anyone with criticism to voice a troll in an effort to undercut what they're trying to say.

In a word, it's pathetic..and eclipse I would answer your question honestly if I didn't already know that you knew the answer to it.

Let me do my best to try and explain this. So some kid found an exploit. The dad told MS about it. MS fixed the exploit and rewarded the kid with a free year of xbox gold, or something, and then somehow you see this as a bad thing.

Words can't explain how confused I am that you got to that conclusion, I know how there are two sides to every story but the worst I could take out of that is that there used to be an exploit and exploits are bad to have ever been their in the first place. But it's gone now so whatever.
---
backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
If you are the kind of gamer who says "gamers who X are not real gamers" then your not a real gamer... wait
#17L4YER_CAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 3:32:40 PM
Thank you, sincerely. I read what you said twice and I comprehend it very well. You don't see the big deal about either the exploit or how MS handled it. That's really all I wanted, to see what people thought of how it was dealt with. There were plenty of topics about the security vulnerability but none about what MS did with it.

I applaud them for fixing so quickly and I see your perspective, though I still think them "thanking" that kid for finding it and buying him off was just a sleazy way to pull focus from the issue that is a security opening. I thought it was worth mentioning. Apparently it wasn't, least not here of all places.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#18Viet0nePosted 4/5/2014 3:45:23 PM
slyman19 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
L4YER_CAKE posted...
...It's the way MS handled it that really gets to me on a personal / consumer level. Instead of being honest and forthright by just saying they made an embarrassing oversight and they will work to make sure nothing like this happens again; they chose to downplay this vulnerability in security by "thanking" the 5 year old who discovered it and pay him off.

I wouldn't even be bothered to make yet another topic about this issue had their plan not worked to some degree. Some posters on this very site are going with the spin as if MS is being the good guy by thanking the kid. They aren't. They are trying to manipulate the public by exhibiting the most minimal amount of goodwill that took virtually no effort on their part.

Before this turns into yet another worthless console war let me be the first to say that when Sony was hacked and consumer information was compromised and psn was shut down for a month, Sony handled the public much worse. By keeping us in the dark for two whole weeks then taking umbrage that we were upset for it was deplorable. There, this is not bait, it's criticism.

As far as the Sony thing goes, you are wrong. They did not keep us in the dark, they told us that they were investigating the hack and it's source and so on. the same thing any company in that situation would do so they knew exactly what happened and what can be done about it before they tell the consumers. As soon as the hack was done, Sony told us there has been a security breach and that we should go online and change our account info, again, the same thing any company does in that situation.

Furthermore, that E3, which was only a few weeks after the hack, Tretton came out on stage and imediatly apologized in a very genuine and sincere manner and told us they screwed up and were going to do what they had to in order to make it up to us.

That is exactly how they should have handled it.

They told the public two weeks after the hack. That's not good.

That's better than Microsoft where hundreds of millions of systems have been compromised and MS chooses to keep the impact as suppressed as possible and not inform the public.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#19Chosen_one_41Posted 4/5/2014 3:47:04 PM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Thank you, sincerely. I read what you said twice and I comprehend it very well. You don't see the big deal about either the exploit or how MS handled it. That's really all I wanted, to see what people thought of how it was dealt with. There were plenty of topics about the security vulnerability but none about what MS did with it.

I applaud them for fixing so quickly and I see your perspective, though I still think them "thanking" that kid for finding it and buying him off was just a sleazy way to pull focus from the issue that is a security opening. I thought it was worth mentioning. Apparently it wasn't, least not here of all places.

Soooooo.... your upset that they gave the kid a free year of live, 50 dollars of credit, and 4 free games (I looked it up) for helping them fix an exploit to make Xbox Live better for everyone?

Do you have something against kids? Are you a hacker and that exploit fix is stopping you now? What angle could you possibly look at this from that makes it not good for everyone?

Xbox better, kid better, everybody happy
---
backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
If you are the kind of gamer who says "gamers who X are not real gamers" then your not a real gamer... wait
#20dementedlullabyPosted 4/5/2014 3:58:01 PM
How many Layers are you TC?
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie