Wait, wait, wait, so to update my controller.....

#31Enigma149Posted 4/6/2014 11:03:11 AM
It's a simple technique that gaming companies have come up with:

1) Ship a product without some sort of basic functionality. This could mean shipping a console without a cord, a game with some of its content locked behind a paywall, etc. Anything that screws the customer over.

2) Wait for people to say anyone complainging is a part of the "entitlement generation".

3) Repeat.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#32jesse7150Posted 4/6/2014 11:07:30 AM
Enigma149 posted...
It's a simple technique that gaming companies have come up with:

1) Ship a product without some sort of basic functionality. This could mean shipping a console without a cord, a game with some of its content locked behind a paywall, etc. Anything that screws the customer over.

2) Wait for people to say anyone complainging is a part of the "entitlement generation".

3) Repeat.

ok sorry TC you are not the problem here. YOU GET THE CORD FOR FREE IF YOU NEED IT(IE YOU GET THE HEADSET ADAPTOR WHICH NEEDS THE UPDATE)
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#33TreGoodaPosted 4/7/2014 4:35:46 PM
cpcjlc3 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
cpcjlc3 posted...
This thread reeks of entitlement generation vs. common sense. For those of you complaining, did you complain that your car didn't come with a lifetime supply of gas? After all, gas is what the car needs to function on a basic level.

brilliant...you compare a cord that costs $1.67, to thousands of dollars of gas...

The amount is not the point. It's the entitlement attitude. But since you are stuck on price, at what price point do you believe the consumer is no longer entitled and should accept responsibility?

It's one of the most common cords out there. I have like 30 sitting in my house.

If you're complaining about a dollar then I really don't see what the big deal is. Call Microsoft, maybe they'll send you one for free.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#34Hidan623Posted 4/7/2014 4:41:37 PM
if you're complaining about a $3 cable I assume you don't have a play and charge kit and if you don't have that you seem to be fine buying endless amounts of batteries.....if you can buy batteries you can afford a $3 cord like come on think before you argue....since no one here is saying "oh MS should have given us a lifetime supply of batteries....why should I be responsible for my controllers power source." geez people buy the cord or a play and charge kit since you spend all that money on batteries.
#35TreGoodaPosted 4/7/2014 4:46:47 PM
Hidan623 posted...
if you're complaining about a $3 cable I assume you don't have a play and charge kit and if you don't have that you seem to be fine buying endless amounts of batteries.....if you can buy batteries you can afford a $3 cord like come on think before you argue....since no one here is saying "oh MS should have given us a lifetime supply of batteries....why should I be responsible for my controllers power source." geez people buy the cord or a play and charge kit since you spend all that money on batteries.

On top of that, it comes with the headset adapter.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#36Hidan623Posted 4/7/2014 4:55:22 PM
TreGooda posted...
Hidan623 posted...

On top of that, it comes with the headset adapter.

even worse -_- people just love to find something to get mad about.....you had no problem spending 500 for the system so what's an extra 3 dollars.....if you are that money savvy you would have gotten a ps4 otherwise get over it in my book. 90% of the things we buy require aftermarket purchases if you want the full experience of everything, i mean that's like saying MS should be paying for your games that you buy -_- no it's your responsibility to keep your stuff up to date the update isn't REQUIRED your controller will be compatible with or without the update i didn't even know the first update was out till 3 days ago and i was playing fine with no trouble so chill out ppl
#37gohoanqPosted 4/7/2014 5:23:03 PM
I used my PS4's charge cable to update mine.. lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#38Evel138Posted 4/7/2014 6:25:50 PM
dcyankees posted...
im just saying i dont have any micro usb, and i dont know what the headset adapter is for since my xbox came with a headset already. If sony could put a usb cord with their last gen ps3, then microsoft couldve added one with their system

The PS has to have that cord because of its rechargeable battery, the XB1 uses AA batteries (so there is no practical reason to include a USB cord)....consequentially, you pretty much have to have it plugged in full time now with the DS4. After extensive use, I've come to find that its battery life is pitiful (no doubt from the constant LED on the top).
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#39SilentBPosted 4/7/2014 6:53:05 PM
cpcjlc3 posted...
This thread reeks of entitlement generation vs. common sense. For those of you complaining, did you complain that your car didn't come with a lifetime supply of gas? After all, gas is what the car needs to function on a basic level.

Is today 'Terrible Analogy Day' on this board?

Microsoft released controllers of poor quality. The second controller patch plans on fixing some of its problems, such as connection and headset quality issues. It shouldn't be up to the consumers to have to purchase anything to receive the completed product five months after release.
---
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."