Killer Instinct...free?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Killer Instinct...free?

User Info: CoLDReaMMaster

CoLDReaMMaster
2 years ago#1
I just was on the marketplace and noticed Killer Instict had get it FREE...what gives? Is there a catch to this? I didn't know of this promotion going on.

User Info: Porunga

Porunga
2 years ago#2
It is always free.. but you only get 1 character. You have buy the rest.

User Info: Swan3624

Swan3624
2 years ago#3
It's always been a free download, but pay-to-customize.

I think they started something much like Infinite Crisis where every few weeks, they spotlight a certain character. See, the base game only lets you play as one character, but they spotlight a new character sometimes so you can play as that character instead.

Even if you buy the game, though, it's a great value. Each character is $4.99, there are going to be 8 characters in-total... and to buy the full game you can either buy the $19.99 Combo Breaker edition, which unlocks all the characters for you... or you can get the $39.99 Ultra edition which comes with all the characters, all customization items, and the original arcade version of the first game in the series.

User Info: SpikeTheSpaceCo

SpikeTheSpaceCo
2 years ago#4
To add to the previous post, if you end up buying a few characters then decide to buy the Utra Edition you will never pay more than 39.99 total.

Another season is coming at the end of the year which will be a payed add-on including new characters, stages and more.
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"

User Info: DeadLock25

DeadLock25
2 years ago#5
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
To add to the previous post, if you end up buying a few characters then decide to buy the Utra Edition you will never pay more than 39.99 total.

Another season is coming at the end of the year which will be a payed add-on including new characters, stages and more.

Wait so if I buy 7 characters for $5 each and then decide to buy the Ultra edition, its going to cost me only $5 extra?
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent

User Info: Infinite 2003

Infinite 2003
2 years ago#6
Does KI have no story mode or anything?
I hate popular stuff, and that makes me really, really cool.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
2 years ago#7
It's Pay 2 Win, as you're going to either buy characters or not play.

User Info: SpikeTheSpaceCo

SpikeTheSpaceCo
2 years ago#8
DeadLock25 posted...
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...

Wait so if I buy 7 characters for $5 each and then decide to buy the Ultra edition, its going to cost me only $5 extra?

Yep.
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"

User Info: Swan3624

Swan3624
2 years ago#9
Infinite 2003 posted...
Does KI have no story mode or anything?

Not right now, but the arcade mode will be added in this month I think.

AzaneAzer posted...
It's Pay 2 Win, as you're going to either buy characters or not play.

It's not pay-to-win. You can master Jago as the sole character in the game. You don't have to buy upgrades or anything... generally pay-to-win denotes a game that makes you pay for advantages. Killer Instinct doesn't make you pay for advantages, just options.

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
2 years ago#10
Honestly if you were going to buy there characters your best to pay 40 and get the original as well
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Killer Instinct...free?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived