Killer Instinct...free?

#1CoLDReaMMasterPosted 4/5/2014 12:15:03 PM
I just was on the marketplace and noticed Killer Instict had get it FREE...what gives? Is there a catch to this? I didn't know of this promotion going on.
#2PorungaPosted 4/5/2014 12:16:31 PM
It is always free.. but you only get 1 character. You have buy the rest.
#3Swan3624Posted 4/5/2014 3:53:01 PM
It's always been a free download, but pay-to-customize.

I think they started something much like Infinite Crisis where every few weeks, they spotlight a certain character. See, the base game only lets you play as one character, but they spotlight a new character sometimes so you can play as that character instead.

Even if you buy the game, though, it's a great value. Each character is $4.99, there are going to be 8 characters in-total... and to buy the full game you can either buy the $19.99 Combo Breaker edition, which unlocks all the characters for you... or you can get the $39.99 Ultra edition which comes with all the characters, all customization items, and the original arcade version of the first game in the series.
#4SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 4/5/2014 4:07:54 PM
To add to the previous post, if you end up buying a few characters then decide to buy the Utra Edition you will never pay more than 39.99 total.

Another season is coming at the end of the year which will be a payed add-on including new characters, stages and more.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#5DeadLock25Posted 4/5/2014 4:43:55 PM
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
To add to the previous post, if you end up buying a few characters then decide to buy the Utra Edition you will never pay more than 39.99 total.

Another season is coming at the end of the year which will be a payed add-on including new characters, stages and more.

Wait so if I buy 7 characters for $5 each and then decide to buy the Ultra edition, its going to cost me only $5 extra?
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#6Infinite 2003Posted 4/5/2014 5:03:28 PM
Does KI have no story mode or anything?
---
I hate popular stuff, and that makes me really, really cool.
#7AzaneAzerPosted 4/5/2014 5:06:15 PM
It's Pay 2 Win, as you're going to either buy characters or not play.
#8SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 4/5/2014 5:15:38 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...

Wait so if I buy 7 characters for $5 each and then decide to buy the Ultra edition, its going to cost me only $5 extra?

Yep.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#9Swan3624Posted 4/5/2014 5:29:51 PM
Infinite 2003 posted...
Does KI have no story mode or anything?

Not right now, but the arcade mode will be added in this month I think.

AzaneAzer posted...
It's Pay 2 Win, as you're going to either buy characters or not play.

It's not pay-to-win. You can master Jago as the sole character in the game. You don't have to buy upgrades or anything... generally pay-to-win denotes a game that makes you pay for advantages. Killer Instinct doesn't make you pay for advantages, just options.
#10Spetsnaz420Posted 4/6/2014 3:04:42 AM
Honestly if you were going to buy there characters your best to pay 40 and get the original as well
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?