Killer Instinct...free?

#21Jiggy101011Posted 4/9/2014 12:43:24 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
slyman19 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
It's another Microsoft Spin..

they call it free, but really what it is... is a demo...

a sample of what the whole game will be should you decide to buy it.

you get one character... one stage

Another idiotic troll spin. You must have not even played the game if you think you only get one stage.

I just bought it...wasn't aware you were able to earn "coins" in the demo.

I thought it was ridiculous for people to be fighting the same character over and over 1 billion times

and this isn't a tablet or a phone...it's a full fledged gaming console

...its a demo

So you made stuff up, downloaded it and realized you were wrong about the 1 stage comment. If only you did this with your other posts :)
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#22leatheljPosted 4/9/2014 12:46:01 PM
If it's a demo then I wish more demos were like this
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#23singhellotakuPosted 4/9/2014 12:52:56 PM
CoLDReaMMaster posted...
I just was on the marketplace and noticed Killer Instict had get it FREE...what gives? Is there a catch to this? I didn't know of this promotion going on.

its a free to play game, microtransactions everywhere
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#24HughMyronGainzPosted 4/9/2014 1:06:55 PM
So much misinformation in this topic
---
*Official Kenshiro of the J-Stars Victory Vs. PS3 Board*
U mirin brah?
#25aszsithPosted 4/9/2014 1:11:12 PM(edited)
Wow there is a lot of saltiness and misinformation going on in this thread.

Killer Instinct is NOT a freemium game. It IS a full fighting game that allows access to a rotating character for free.

It is NOT a PAY2Play or PAY2toWin game. There are no bonuses offered that affect gameplay. There are customization options which can be purchased as well as in game currency which can be purchased to unlock customization options more quickly. The currency also unlocks more stages. Oh, and that currency is earned via playing the game OR by purchasing it with real money if you don't want to play to unlock stuff.

You get the FULL game, with access to use 1 rotating character for free.
You can purchase additional characters for $4.99 which nets you the character.
You can purchase the Combo Breaker pack for $19.99 which nets you all 8 Season 1 characters
You can purchase the Ultra Comb version for $39.99 which nets you the Combo Breaker pack, all the currently available additional costume content, and the original Killer Instinct Arcade game.

If you purchase a character (or 3 if you desire) and decide to buy one of the larger packs, the price you have already paid is deducted so you end up only paying $19.99 or $39.99 TOTAL. This is actually a really cool way to handle it.

As of today, there IS an Arcade Mode.

So for $40 you get a FULL fighting game which includes Arcade, VS modes, and Spectator modes and comes with all of the currently available content of 8 characters, additional costume packs, and the original Arcade game.

Or $20 gets you the FULL game with all 8 characters.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.