Why is there all this hype around Phil Spencer?

#1kenio8187Posted 4/7/2014 12:35:52 AM
What has he done in the past at his other jobs that makes everyone love him so much?

Or what plans has he announced for the Xbox?
---
http://i.imgur.com/aZBNozN.gif
Titanfall vs Infamous SS: Which one is better - http://youtu.be/EbirPRSiSPI
#2dnmtPosted 4/7/2014 12:50:43 AM(edited)
It's just the new thing to hang onto like Titanfall, eSRAM, "the cloud" and "secret sauce" before it. Would love to be proven wrong here.
#3Foreign ObjectsPosted 4/7/2014 12:51:02 AM
He's more into games than the media side of the console.
It's too bad he wasn't in charge 18 months ago.
---
etc
#4SoulTrapperPosted 4/7/2014 12:53:03 AM
He says he's going to focus more on the gaming side of things.

Which is quite strange to see people here get excited over, since they've been claiming that Microsoft was focused on gaming all along.
#5jairusmonillasPosted 4/7/2014 12:54:37 AM
He hasn't done a single thing.

All he talk about are those fake arguments about cloud and dx12 which would boost xbox one's power by only 5% instead of what he states twice LOL
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#6Foreign ObjectsPosted 4/7/2014 1:02:38 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
He hasn't done a single thing.

All he talk about are those fake arguments about cloud and dx12 which would boost xbox one's power by only 5% instead of what he states twice LOL

I'm pretty sure he's been in the job for less than a month. What's he supposed to do?

Also how do you know it will boost the power by only 5%? You can't measure those things with an arbitrary number. DX12 will help devs get more out of the system.

How old are you? You take this much pride in the ps4 having better specs than the Xbone, you must be between 13 - 15.
---
etc
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 4/7/2014 1:15:58 AM
He seems to enjoy fan favorite games that have little commercial appeal and appears to be genuinely trying to get as many of those types of projects off the ground (like the long hinted at Crackdown 3) as he can from within the bowels of a risk adverse, penny pinching behemoth of a company.

Yeah, what's to like? /s
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#8jairusmonillasPosted 4/7/2014 1:17:21 AM
MS will do everything even if they have to spread misinformations and Phil Spencer was the right guy.

'Secret Graphics Hardware Yet To Be Revealed!'
'Power of teh Cloud!'
'Magic SDK Update!'

It's all turned into a massive joke with gamers.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 4/7/2014 1:26:05 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
MS will do everything even if they have to spread misinformations and Phil Spencer was the right guy.

'Secret Graphics Hardware Yet To Be Revealed!'
'Power of teh Cloud!'
'Magic SDK Update!'

It's all turned into a massive joke with gamers.

Phil never said the first thing, and the other two (minus your troll language) are actual real things that are happening and have already happened. SDKs improved performance greatly in previous gens, it isn't magically empty hype now just because that would fit your troll narrative. And cloud processing is real and has been demonstrated before, by more than just MS. Your head would have to be pretty far up your own ass to deny it when the PS Now service itself is cloud processed gaming.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#10-Oath-Posted 4/7/2014 1:36:25 AM
Who?
---
3DS FC: JMO 0834-1793-8249