This is the generation to decide...

#1SigmaLongshotPosted 4/7/2014 2:21:02 PM
...what you actually want from gaming.

Last generation flirted with the notion that we've reached a point where we're not arguing about platforms over games, but rather, numbers.

Now, it's more prevalent than ever -where the games themselves are dismissed in favour of technical prowess.

what do you actually WANT from this hobby? Fun? A sense of inclusion? Elitism? Each response will garner a new future...
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#2alexismynamexxPosted 4/7/2014 2:22:25 PM
I want decent sex scenes.
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/7/2014 2:23:01 PM
So this topic is about reassurance that there is more to gaming than sales number and hardware.

Is that what You are asking.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#4Joey-ZazaPosted 4/7/2014 2:26:02 PM
I'm repeating myself here because this is relevant.

The media loves to tell people what to like, and the sheeple just follow blindly. By doing this, they are truly missing out on core gaming and some people are even so influenced they think gaming is dying.

The reality is good games are there, you just need to give them a chance. Stop following the media and the direction they want you to go, and just make decisions for yourself.

It's sad when all we get is the same game year after year because people are afraid of something new, or jump to conclusions on a game because the review was a 7/10.

Some of my favorite games are mixed review games, and my library would have never felt complete without them.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#595_EclipsePosted 4/7/2014 2:26:24 PM
Best games possible without having to buy a PC.

I also want Foza 6 to be what Forza 5 should have been instead of a disgrace. Until that happens I'll be waiting.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#6-FryShakeWad-Posted 4/7/2014 2:28:54 PM
I want fun games. Maybe some nostalgia.
#7SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 2:29:05 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So this topic is about reassurance that there is more to gaming than sales number and hardware.

Sure is, chap. Gamers (and gaming in general) are only relevant if they become rapt, engrossed, enthralled by interactive experiences that demand they suspend the poor cores of existence. That they give up reality and indulge fantasy.

As a developer, I absolutely indulge the notion the world is dire. It helps sell fantasy.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#8-FryShakeWad-Posted 4/7/2014 2:33:08 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Sure is, chap. Gamers (and gaming in general) are only relevant if they become rapt, engrossed, enthralled by interactive experiences that demand they suspend the poor cores of existence. That they give up reality and indulge fantasy.

As a developer, I absolutely indulge the notion the world is dire. It helps sell fantasy.

Don't bother having a rational conversation with Xeeh. It's like talking to a brick wall.
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/7/2014 2:34:10 PM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Don't bother having a rational conversation with Xeeh. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Rational, did you read what he responded with.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#10Massillon_GPosted 4/7/2014 2:34:57 PM
I want it all.
---
GT: MGG 9000