This is the generation to decide...

#21SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 1:44:14 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
-FryShakeWad- posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So this topic is about reassurance that there is more to gaming than sales number and hardware.

Is that what You are asking.

Sure is, chap. Gamers (and gaming in general) are only relevant if they become rapt, engrossed, enthralled by interactive experiences that demand they suspend the poor cores of existence. That they give up reality and indulge fantasy.

As a developer, I absolutely indulge the notion the world is dire. It helps sell fantasy.

Don't bother having a rational conversation with Xeeh. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Rational, did you read what he responded with.

Yes...that people indulge in entertainment like gaming and movies as a way to suspend and escape their own horrid reality? Pretty much a concept that has existed in civilization since its birth? Bummer you couldn't grasp that...

An inspired post, yet sadly, painfully overlooked here.

This is something of a terrifying community.

Though I joined it back when the internet was a babe, I have an obligation to assume it will at leastways assume rationale

---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#22EllesarienPosted 4/7/2014 1:48:46 PM
"An inspired post, yet sadly, painfully overlooked here.

This is something of a terrifying community.

Though I joined it back when the internet was a babe, I have an obligation to assume it will at leastways assume rationale "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just have to sift through the chaff and you can still have some pretty decent (if not rare) discussions. I enjoy your topics quite a bit as they are usually outside the norm and at least involves some sort of critical thinking. If the mods would just perma-ban some of these broken souls it could be even better.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#23daytonafreakPosted 4/7/2014 1:54:04 PM
Well, it is an interesting question. I think the question is, can we really go another generation like this? Do we really want or can the market withstand the same type of gaming with just a graphical upgrade? I think in about a year and a half we will know more once the full graphical potential of the new systems is utilized. I think what we need is some new way to use the internet for gaming but I don't know what that would be.
#24BorrisMcDPosted 4/7/2014 1:58:49 PM
I just want couch co op back. Stop adding useless crap like social media features. Some people still liked getting together with friends and playing games on one console.
#25DarthUchiha91Posted 4/7/2014 2:03:50 PM
Massillon_G posted...
I want it all.

(chorus)
AND I WANT IT NOOWWW....
---
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
#26DarkHolesPosted 4/7/2014 2:12:49 PM
I really want less focus on graphics and more focus on the game itself, gameplay should never be sacraficed in place of graphics. I think developers are it finding easier to make a game look pretty over creating engaging gameplay.
We also need more single player games without half assed multiplayer modes tacked on, surely when a game goes through testing somebody stops and realises what dogs*** it is 90% of the time, but no they overlook that in an attempt at getting a piece of the pie.
So whilst i do think gamers are to blame for this new state of numbers and statistics, i think the devs are just as bad if not worse.
---
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.