Getting kicked to the dashboard during pvz garden warfare

#11Laylow12Posted 4/7/2014 3:46:36 PM
Thanks Kenny and Dr Whoopass

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12spacejamjordanzPosted 4/7/2014 3:48:59 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Laylow12 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Do you quit other open apps/games before playing?

Why do you ask that?

first few week I had ocassional crashes. If you have the store, upload, other apps open I learned it is like a computer, smart phone in that it makes it work harder and you get more crashes. Before playing always hit the menu(start) button over all apps/games on the dash one by one and if you see quit as an option on the apps/games list hit it to close it out. I get zero crashes now.

Yes, this is important, cuz like he said, it's just like a smartphone where you can have a bunch of apps running in the background if you;re not careful.

Also do the Hard Reset (hold down power button on the console for 10 seconds) if you are noticing any glitches.

Why should you have to do that is what I don't understand. I thought the console was built for multitasking.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#13squarex8264Posted 4/7/2014 3:55:00 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Laylow12 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Why do you ask that?

first few week I had ocassional crashes. If you have the store, upload, other apps open I learned it is like a computer, smart phone in that it makes it work harder and you get more crashes. Before playing always hit the menu(start) button over all apps/games on the dash one by one and if you see quit as an option on the apps/games list hit it to close it out. I get zero crashes now.

Yes, this is important, cuz like he said, it's just like a smartphone where you can have a bunch of apps running in the background if you;re not careful.

Also do the Hard Reset (hold down power button on the console for 10 seconds) if you are noticing any glitches.

Why should you have to do that is what I don't understand. I thought the console was built for multitasking.

You shouldn't have to do that. While it's true that you can have multiple apps running simultaneously, you can only have one game. And if that game crashes, it is likely crashing because of a bug in the game. Not to say it's impossible for other stress on the system to potentially cause a game crash, but the reason the X1 had it's multiple VMs was so that the game resources would not rely on the system resources.

Most likely, you just hit a game bug that caused a crash.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#14Dr WhoopassPosted 4/7/2014 8:19:07 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Laylow12 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Why do you ask that?

It's because when you turn the system "off", it's really only going to sleep. And like most Windows machines, the longer it is on, the glitchier it gets. You can turn off Instant On mode in the Settings and it will solve this problem, but you lose the ability to quick boot and the ability to turn it on via voice command. Also, it won't download patches and stuff when it's off instead of sleeping.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N