Microsoft Working on Backwards Compatibility

#1TimeShinigamiPosted 4/7/2014 3:08:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pmdiSyVmco

Guess Mattrick was just a giant tool after all. This is pretty cool, might make me bump up faster.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#2shads3055Posted 4/7/2014 3:09:27 PM
would be sweet to play gears of war
#3nanofazz97Posted 4/7/2014 3:15:07 PM
I am sure that this news pleases all the Xbox One owners........who traded in their Xbox 360 consoles.............with all of their Xbox 360 games.
#4CaIiber345Posted 4/7/2014 3:19:20 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/7/5589068/microsoft-is-thinking-about-an-official-xbox-360-emulator-for-xbox-one

That's an article about it that I came here to post.

It's very positive and awesome that they're considering it, and thinking realistically about Internet connection and speed which means they're not entirely clueless. If they worked out a serious and reliable method of emulation, that would be a huge factor in swaying me back to the Xbox. However, Microsoft needs to keep looking into and working on things like this, instead of considering TV shows about Forza and Gears of War.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#5jairusmonillasPosted 4/7/2014 3:21:49 PM
BC won't help Xbox One, BC is not free it's gonna make Xbox One more expensive than it already is.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#6Laylow12Posted 4/7/2014 3:24:24 PM
"Considering" it and "looking into" it aren't confirmation of anything. Consider the source (Microsoft).

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#7DRzCalderonPosted 4/7/2014 3:27:35 PM
How much you want to bet it's going to require a Gold Subscription to work......
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#8CaIiber345Posted 4/7/2014 3:28:07 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
BC won't help Xbox One, BC is not free it's gonna make Xbox One more expensive than it already is.

No one is talking about price. PSNow (formerly Gaikai) will likely use a flat subscription rate, or charge per game but the former is more likely. For all we know they will offer both options. It won't affect the cost of the hardware, if that's what you're on about.

And understand something: a lot of people keep and even *gasp* play their old games. BC is a positive point for the console. I'm anxious for PSNow (hopefully it's good) on PS4, and emulation of Xbox 360 games on Xbox One would greatly enhance the attractiveness of the console on the games front to many Xbox 360 owners.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#9The_DOAMPosted 4/7/2014 3:32:21 PM
nanofazz97 posted...
I am sure that this news pleases all the Xbox One owners........who traded in their Xbox 360 consoles.............with all of their Xbox 360 games.

Exactly their to late with this move

BC primarily eases the initial years of a consoles launch as the one year drought is a standard feature for all consoles.

They don't have any exclusives with a given launch day currently so their trying to rush BC to give people something to do in between multiplats and hold the base till the fall. My response to that is to little to late. BC also serves as an anchor which is actually it's most important feature as people won't jump ship to another competitor if they can keep their old gaming libraries.

People already traded in their old 360's and libraries just as you said and with nothing tying them down to the Xbox brand some of them simply jumped ship to the PS4 especially since Microsoft even stated digital games wouldn't have BC.

To little to late had the system launched with BC well that would've been a different story.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#10nanofazz97Posted 4/7/2014 4:48:16 PM
The_DOAM posted...
nanofazz97 posted...

Exactly their to late with this move

BC primarily eases the initial years of a consoles launch as the one year drought is a standard feature for all consoles.

They don't have any exclusives with a given launch day currently so their trying to rush BC to give people something to do in between multiplats and hold the base till the fall. My response to that is to little to late. BC also serves as an anchor which is actually it's most important feature as people won't jump ship to another competitor if they can keep their old gaming libraries.

People already traded in their old 360's and libraries just as you said and with nothing tying them down to the Xbox brand some of them simply jumped ship to the PS4 especially since Microsoft even stated digital games wouldn't have BC.

To little to late had the system launched with BC well that would've been a different story.

Yeah, I don't even own an Xbox console, and business moves like these from Microsoft are the reason why I would never think once to buy an Xbox One (or 360). This is only going to be the beginning of the complaints that people are going to have over the BC (if it actually happens), because they are going to be bummed that they traded all the "classics" that were on the Xbox 360. As you have stated, BC at launch would have been a real competitive factor against the features of the PS4 (since the PS4 is guaranteed to never have BC), and would have been a good incentive for most of the former 360 owners/current PS4 (or PS3) owners to consider the Xbox One.