Microsoft Working on Backwards Compatibility

#21richboy900Posted 4/8/2014 5:41:45 AM
The_DOAM posted...
nanofazz97 posted...
I am sure that this news pleases all the Xbox One owners........who traded in their Xbox 360 consoles.............with all of their Xbox 360 games.

Exactly their to late with this move

BC primarily eases the initial years of a consoles launch as the one year drought is a standard feature for all consoles.

They don't have any exclusives with a given launch day currently so their trying to rush BC to give people something to do in between multiplats and hold the base till the fall. My response to that is to little to late. BC also serves as an anchor which is actually it's most important feature as people won't jump ship to another competitor if they can keep their old gaming libraries.

People already traded in their old 360's and libraries just as you said and with nothing tying them down to the Xbox brand some of them simply jumped ship to the PS4 especially since Microsoft even stated digital games wouldn't have BC.

To little to late had the system launched with BC well that would've been a different story.

Good point, I miss the days of full backwards compatibility with my ps2. Still use it to play Tekken 3 or crash team racing.
#22The_DOAMPosted 4/8/2014 7:25:52 AM
MidnightJacket posted...
I don't understand the hype for PSNow but apparantly BC is an awful idea for Xbox One. I've still got my library of games for the 360 sitting on my shelf. Whether BC is added or not, there are several games I'll pull out and play from time to time.

PS Now is more legacy move not just the last gen but all the ones before it so PS1, PS2, PSP, VITA, and PS3 era games. It allows you to use the service not only on the PS4 but their other devices as well. It's not so much a thing for the PS4 as it is for all things Sony is general.

More or less it isn't about the PS4 as PS3, Vita, and maybe even PSP can use the service as well.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#23EllesarienPosted 4/8/2014 7:31:52 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
nanofazz97 posted...
The_DOAM posted...
nanofazz97 posted...
I am sure that this news pleases all the Xbox One owners........who traded in their Xbox 360 consoles.............with all of their Xbox 360 games.

Exactly their to late with this move

BC primarily eases the initial years of a consoles launch as the one year drought is a standard feature for all consoles.

They don't have any exclusives with a given launch day currently so their trying to rush BC to give people something to do in between multiplats and hold the base till the fall. My response to that is to little to late. BC also serves as an anchor which is actually it's most important feature as people won't jump ship to another competitor if they can keep their old gaming libraries.

People already traded in their old 360's and libraries just as you said and with nothing tying them down to the Xbox brand some of them simply jumped ship to the PS4 especially since Microsoft even stated digital games wouldn't have BC.

To little to late had the system launched with BC well that would've been a different story.

Yeah, I don't even own an Xbox console, and business moves like these from Microsoft are the reason why I would never think once to buy an Xbox One (or 360). This is only going to be the beginning of the complaints that people are going to have over the BC (if it actually happens), because they are going to be bummed that they traded all the "classics" that were on the Xbox 360. As you have stated, BC at launch would have been a real competitive factor against the features of the PS4 (since the PS4 is guaranteed to never have BC), and would have been a good incentive for most of the former 360 owners/current PS4 (or PS3) owners to consider the Xbox One.

WHAT? ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS? this is the most ridiculous and flawed logic I've ever seen. Do gamers whine about anything now? or just a chance to twist anything in a negative light to mudsling vs MS?

Lets just make a generic statement. Plenty of people have not traded in their entire library of games considering BC was annoucned to not exist. Now that they are working on BC you can trade in your games after it is released. But if you already went ahead and traded in your games that it your own fault and dont blame MIcrosoft and also let Microsoft develop this for those of us who don't make such hasty decisions.

To answer your first question....yes...Gamers nowadays do whine about anything. They are pretty much the worst and most entitled consumers on the market now.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#24chex81Posted 4/8/2014 7:34:24 AM
Meh I've got my 360, most of my games in last year were digital so if it's only to support discs I wouldn't care for BC
---
XB1/WiiU/PSN: chex81
You are ignoring 4 topic(s) from users on this page.
#25BlueJester007Posted 4/8/2014 8:27:22 AM
If they're going to implement backwards compatibility, at least do it right.

It better be compatible with every Original Xbox and 360 game ever created. My Legacy of Kain: Defiance copy has been collecting dust since 2006. I want to be able to play it again.
---
Searching for meaning is like searching for a rhyme-scheme in a cook book.
-Tim Minchin
#26zalmutePosted 4/8/2014 8:21:43 PM
I would like this. Im not buying a 360 for mystwalker titles but if it were compatible i could just buy the games and play them on the x1.
---
When Nintendo moves all of their projects to Japanese only phones, the wiiU won't sound like such a bad console.
Xbox one + WiiU = U-One.
#27scoobydoobydontPosted 4/8/2014 8:47:42 PM
I will buy an Xbone if they ever make good on this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KbgcGHw.png
#28fan360Posted 4/8/2014 8:50:02 PM
I lost $170 on xbox one.
After this news, my 360 is worthless now.

Never buy a Micro$oft product again.
#29scoobydoobydontPosted 4/8/2014 8:52:41 PM
fan360 posted...
I lost $170 on xbox one.
After this news, my 360 is worthless now.

Never buy a Micro$oft product again.

Or just don't be an early adopter with any company. That's an option.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ffmhvih.png