Do you guys think Bruce Lee is a gimmick to sell copies of the new UFC game?

#11HorridhalPosted 4/8/2014 2:40:52 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
mcnichoj posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
but don't think it's a complete gimmick cause the game looks good and doesn't need a gimmick.
Regardless if it needs one, a gimmick is still a gimmick.

Maybe so, but it's not needed and EA knows this so it's possible they included Bruce Lee just to include it but it would be cool to fight as Bruce Lee, I don't think it's going to do much for additional sales

Now, if Chuck Norris was in the game, lol, it would probably sell a million plus just for that.

Wrong. It would sell over 12 billion copies. 2 for every man woman and child on earth. CN demands it.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#12chedibang1994Posted 4/8/2014 2:44:56 AM
Gimmick or not it's Bruce lee motha *****!!!!!! Now bring in chuck Norris
---
When Orchid bends over........UUUUUULLLTTTRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!
#13DojoMaxPosted 4/8/2014 2:54:48 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
To some degree, I don't think it's going to push a lot of copies because it's UFC, UFC fans will buy it regardless, and I'd assume UFC fans are interested in Bruce Lee. Might get some old school Bruce Lee movie fans buying it, but don't think it's a complete gimmick cause the game looks good and doesn't need a gimmick.

wow first time i agree with troll_bitz
---
stop trollin
#14dudupupuPosted 4/8/2014 3:10:41 AM
Chuck Norris sucks!
---
Proud follower of Christ!
3DS: Name: SwuglyBear, FC: 5429-7287-4928
#15PunkMcThrustPosted 4/8/2014 3:23:02 AM
If the game is anything like UFC 2013 it won't need any gimmicks to sell copies. UFC 2013 is a fantastic game.

I have low expectations for this one though because EA Sports MMA was an absolute piece of crap, and EA is doing this one.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
Persona is Atlus's Call of Duty.
#16kennyynnooPosted 4/8/2014 3:26:35 AM
I don't care for UFC but now the Bruce Lee is an option....maybe. I'm being serious btw, I can't name 1 UFC fighter. Boxing, fighting all that never interested me much despite being a sports fan.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#17CrownedOne03Posted 4/8/2014 3:28:38 AM
Either way I'm buying it. Even if Bruce Lee wasn't in it, it's a release day purchase for me. Also looking forward to the next Fight Night game, if one gets released.
#18MilesTeg420Posted 4/8/2014 3:29:42 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
If the game is anything like UFC 2013 it won't need any gimmicks to sell copies. UFC 2013 is a fantastic game.

I have low expectations for this one though because EA Sports MMA was an absolute piece of crap, and EA is doing this one.

There seems to be barely any hype from EA themselves with this game as well. Hopefully it's not a turd.
#19PunkMcThrustPosted 4/8/2014 3:36:13 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...

There seems to be barely any hype from EA themselves with this game as well. Hopefully it's not a turd.

Also not a fan of them purposefully removing 60 fps and putting in motion blur to appease their playtesters.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
Persona is Atlus's Call of Duty.
#20GingaritoPosted 4/8/2014 3:39:03 AM
Its a disgrace that Bruce Lee is in the game and true UFC legends like Shamrock , Ortiz , Don Frye etc are not in it. But people who think UFC is a sport and have never seen MMA outside of UFC like Pride will lap it up im sure.
---
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.