Do you guys think Bruce Lee is a gimmick to sell copies of the new UFC game?

#21PunkMcThrustPosted 4/8/2014 3:40:18 AM
Gingarito posted...
Its a disgrace that Bruce Lee is in the game and true UFC legends like Shamrock , Ortiz , Don Frye etc are not in it. But people who think UFC is a sport and have never seen MMA outside of UFC like Pride will lap it up im sure.

I actually only got UFC 2013 because they added Pride to it and only ever played using Pride rules.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
Persona is Atlus's Call of Duty.
#22GingaritoPosted 4/8/2014 3:42:09 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Gingarito posted...
Its a disgrace that Bruce Lee is in the game and true UFC legends like Shamrock , Ortiz , Don Frye etc are not in it. But people who think UFC is a sport and have never seen MMA outside of UFC like Pride will lap it up im sure.

I actually only got UFC 2013 because they added Pride to it and only ever played using Pride rules.

What they should do is treat fans with a pre order bonus of Sakuraba.
---
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.
#23Foreman22Posted 4/8/2014 4:47:21 AM
You do realize that Bruce gave Chuck his first big movie role????
---
They have eyes but do not see. They have ears but do not hear.
#24heffley19Posted 4/8/2014 4:51:37 AM
The game looks great and then I remind myself that it is made by EA now so buy this years and enjoy it and don't bother with playing another one for about 3-5 years when they add some "New" features.
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
#25xxtasy911Posted 4/8/2014 4:53:59 AM
NEWS FLASH: 100% of all products (gimmick or not) are meant to sell!
---
PSN: KingCole | Gamertag: Coming Soon.... Maybe
#26Joey-ZazaPosted 4/8/2014 4:55:11 AM
Bitz isn't really a troll he talks about controversial issues. There is a huge difference. Trolling is spread around too loosely on this board.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#27heffley19Posted 4/8/2014 4:56:07 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Bitz isn't really a troll he talks about controversial issues. There is a huge difference. Trolling is spread around too loosely on this board.

Ahhhh, you don't agree with me?!?!?

TROLL!!!!
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
#28AWarAmp84Posted 4/8/2014 5:00:03 AM
avanent posted...
Of course it is.

---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Favourite game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#29pigkiller_77Posted 4/8/2014 5:18:18 AM(edited)
Foreman22 posted...
You do realize that Bruce gave Chuck his first big movie role????

Yes he did. Then Bruce proceeded to beat him to death in front of a stray kitty if memory serves.
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their shoes.
#30xenosaga123Posted 4/8/2014 5:19:26 AM
No it is not a gimmick.

EA Sports UFC is the most revolutionary fighting game ever created.

but it seems the ignorant mainstream underrate it because of EA's reputation (which underrates the value of the EA Sports and Fight Night team, the best fighting sim developer in the world.)

and because it isn't a Street Fighter/MK clone like Killer Instinct and dozens of others.

If Xbox One wants a true step forward in the fighting genre, it doesn't get better than EA Sports UFC.

And it really is refreshing considering everyone else is doing Street Fighter and Smash bros clones.

Realistic fighting sims are few and far between, and EA Sports is better than THQ and Yukes at MMA.

Also considering this uses a brand new engine, it's baffling that Xbox One community doesn't give EA Sports UFC more hype (ohhhh but people are head over heels towards that overrated Titanfall game. )