Why cant you guys understand kinect isnt about just games? Its more.

#61aheroafakePosted 4/8/2014 4:34:33 PM(edited)
gogogodzilla posted...
aheroafake posted...
Did you ever play the game Manhunt on the original Xbox? You could distract enemies using your voice while wearing an Xbox Live headset. You act like DR 3's Kinect features are game changing. That would've been cool if it hadn't been used in a game that came out on the original Xbox.

Sooo... what does the camera, known as Kinect, have to do with voice commands? *VOICE* commands.

You know that thing called 'sound'.

Hint: it needs a microphone for that to work, not a camera. Kinect has nothing to do with voice commands.

The Kinect has everything to do with voice commands. Otherwise you'd be able to use voice commands without it being plugged in. Kinect does have a built-in microphone, genius. Pull your head out of your ass. The TC was citing the voice command features in Dead Rising 3 as something new and cool, even though it really isn't "new."
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#62gogogodzillaPosted 4/8/2014 4:33:41 PM
aheroafake posted...
gogogodzilla posted...
aheroafake posted...
Did you ever play the game Manhunt on the original Xbox? You could distract enemies using your voice while wearing an Xbox Live headset. You act like DR 3's Kinect features are game changing. That would've been cool if it hadn't been used in a game that came out on the original Xbox.

Sooo... what does the camera, known as Kinect, have to do with voice commands? *VOICE* commands.

Hint: it needs a microphone for that to work, not a camera. Kinect has nothing to do with voice commands.

The Kinect has everything to do with voice commands. Otherwise you'd be able to use voice commands without it being plugged in. Kinect 2.0 does have a built-in microphone, genius. Pull your head out of your ass. The TC was citing the voice command features in Dead Rising 3 as something new and cool, even though it really isn't "new."

Ahem... cough, cough... "Headset!"
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#63HorridhalPosted 4/8/2014 4:35:22 PM
gogogodzilla posted...
aheroafake posted...
gogogodzilla posted...
aheroafake posted...

The Kinect has everything to do with voice commands. Otherwise you'd be able to use voice commands without it being plugged in. Kinect 2.0 does have a built-in microphone, genius. Pull your head out of your ass. The TC was citing the voice command features in Dead Rising 3 as something new and cool, even though it really isn't "new."

If you want to use this as an argument then it negates the initial argument since both consoles will respond to voice commands through a mic.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#64aheroafakePosted 4/8/2014 4:38:43 PM
gogogodzilla posted...
aheroafake posted...
gogogodzilla posted...
aheroafake posted...

I can't believe someone is really this empty-minded. I brought up the headset because the TC thought voice commands in a game were new and Kinect required, when they aren't. If you can't understand that, I'm not even going to bother with a reply. It's pretty obvious what I'm trying to point out.
---
#65leatheljPosted 4/8/2014 4:52:51 PM
Just gonna say I enjoy my kinect and enjoy the things it does I guess I'm just the few who don't mind a more innovative system or trying new things but then agian this board is anti-xb1 and pro sony. honestly believe more then half the ppl in here do not own a xb1.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#66BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/8/2014 5:03:31 PM
I'm hoping for some decent, kid friendly, games for kinect so my little people can start being gamers like dad.

Toddlers stink at minecraft and titanfall.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#67gogogodzillaPosted 4/9/2014 4:05:02 PM
Horridhal posted...
gogogodzilla posted...
aheroafake posted...
gogogodzilla posted...
aheroafake posted...

If you want to use this as an argument then it negates the initial argument since both consoles will respond to voice commands through a mic.

Thank you for making my point.
---
#68aheroafakePosted 4/9/2014 4:40:27 PM
Gogogodzilla, he wasn't siding with you. He was trying to get you to understand what I was trying to point out this whole time. Funny thing is, you still don't get it.
---
#69gogogodzillaPosted 4/10/2014 5:05:36 PM
aheroafake posted...
Gogogodzilla, he wasn't siding with you. He was trying to get you to understand what I was trying to point out this whole time. Funny thing is, you still don't get it.

No... I was trying to draw out the recognition from Xbox1 fans that voice recognition is not Kinect-exclusive, that any platform can do it. And that the only thing developers are really touting in their games as a feature for it... is voice commands.

Which is not Kinect-exclusive.

And you two readily stepped forth and said so.

Thank you. It's much more effective a point when supporters are the ones that say it for you.
---
#70ScRuiPosted 4/10/2014 5:31:48 PM
I owned Kinect 1.0... And am loving Kinect 2.0... Not just of its integration in-games but mostly for its easy navigation tools and communication with friends, Skype, tv etc...

I love the fact that I can do what I want without having to every grab anything...

I can see why people that just play games don't care for it, but to anyone who multitasks around the house or has children and doesn't always just 'game' it truly is a great addition to a household...

To each their own...

Personally believe that 'next' generation consoles (Xbox one, ps4, WiiU) should have something 'next' about them and not just be a clone of their old generation with better graphics...

Innovation is a thin line, most fail but some become very important in retrospect... Look at cell phones as an example... Just to think I used to have a beeper (pager) and have to go to a pay phone to call my friends/parents...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>