Why do installs take forever? Is there no PlayGo system like the PS4?

#41DojoMaxPosted 4/14/2014 2:40:33 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
AC4 Black Flag FULLY installed in 25 minutes, with a 2.5GB update, but was playable after about 2:30. Tomb Raider Definitive installed in about 20 minutes, but was playable after about 2 minutes. I downloaded and installed Titanfall digitally in a half hour. I've yet to come across the install times people talk about on this board. 45 minutes? 1 hour? On what game? I never even had to wait 40 minutes.

I'm also finding almost all of the negative things about X1 was people yelled about on this board to be false. You guys lost major credibility lol.

one of the main issues is when it installs updates and games at the same time. On a slower connection it can inflate the installation time. Although its purpose is to save time by doing two things at once.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#42DarkAdonis123Posted 4/14/2014 2:46:16 PM
RIP_AstuteClass posted...
playgo is crap
i rather wait for a full install

Then wait for a full install. The rest of us don't want to wait for stage 20 to finish installing before we can play stage one.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#43MrImpatient35Posted 4/14/2014 2:49:41 PM
DojoMax posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
AC4 Black Flag FULLY installed in 25 minutes, with a 2.5GB update, but was playable after about 2:30. Tomb Raider Definitive installed in about 20 minutes, but was playable after about 2 minutes. I downloaded and installed Titanfall digitally in a half hour. I've yet to come across the install times people talk about on this board. 45 minutes? 1 hour? On what game? I never even had to wait 40 minutes.

I'm also finding almost all of the negative things about X1 was people yelled about on this board to be false. You guys lost major credibility lol.

one of the main issues is when it installs updates and games at the same time. On a slower connection it can inflate the installation time. Although its purpose is to save time by doing two things at once.

I guess I'm one of the few then, cause even while installing updates, my installs are still pretty fast. I heard that to fix that problem if installs are taking forever for you is to install the game while the Ethernet cord is unplugged, so it will only install the game and not the update simultaneously.
---
FML
#44TheBendyPosted 4/14/2014 2:49:58 PM
Enclave posted...
The Xbone does do that, just the PS4 does it WAY better. You can likely thank all the complaints about install times on the PS3 for why it's so good on the PS4. Microsoft likely just didn't put as much effort into it as people didn't really complain about install times on the 360.

^This, as I am one of those people. I never found installs on the 360 to be too slow. And, for what it's worth, I chose to install nearly all of my games on my 360. I'd pop in a new game, choose "install", and find something to do for about 20 minutes or so. The Xbone actually seems much faster to me, being that you can play before a game is fully installed.
---
Think before you ink!
#45youngskillzPosted 4/14/2014 7:00:30 PM
ps4 playgo is better/faster either way you slice it.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#46TurbokkPosted 4/15/2014 10:12:17 AM
Nope Xbox does have a much slower version.
#47DojoMaxPosted 4/15/2014 10:14:35 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
DojoMax posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

I guess I'm one of the few then, cause even while installing updates, my installs are still pretty fast. I heard that to fix that problem if installs are taking forever for you is to install the game while the Ethernet cord is unplugged, so it will only install the game and not the update simultaneously.

I'm fully aware of this work around but I run two internet connections at my house, DSL and Cable (dont ask why lol). If I ran it on my slower DSL connection installs + updates would take a little longer depending upon the throughput I got. In this situation installing offline would work better.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#48aheroafakePosted 4/15/2014 10:24:26 AM(edited)
chubbychaser posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Why the hell was this post modded? I didn't find anything offensive in the message judging from the quote the next user had in his post.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#49SxmfctPosted 4/15/2014 10:42:52 AM
"This is why consoles > PCs, you can just put your game in and play!"
---
Your move OP
#50chaos_1152Posted 4/15/2014 10:54:55 AM
so you have more time to eat/drink doritos and MT dew.
---
https://www.weasyl.com/~dourochan1 (nfsw)