wouldn't shock me if titanfall 2 is a one exclusive announced at e3

#21TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/8/2014 1:23:58 AM
MS posting one of its best financial situations while Sony is warding off bankruptcy... Wanting to make up ground on the PS4 is essentially a matter of buying victory right now. It all depends how much they want it.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#22MightyMunaPosted 4/8/2014 1:51:43 AM
necro00 posted...
MightyMuna posted...
I'll be shocked, because it's not a viable business option for EA and Microsoft especially.

It will cost more money to secure it than Titanfall 1 and that money could be used for developing and/or partnering with another developer to make a new exclusive IP.

Titanfall is now associated with Xbox, the deed has has been done, if the sequel is multiplatform, it'll sell more on Xbox One just like Mass Effect, BioShock because they started on Xbox. Microsoft should just secure exclusive DLC. That's the smarter play.

it will still be cheaper then investing in.a new.studio and a new.ip and less risk

They can collaborate and fund a game like they did with Capcom in developing Dead Rising 3. Pretty sure that was cheaper than securing TF1. TF2 would be really expensive to secure.

I won't even be surprised if TF1 exclusivity is more expensive than Quantum Break and/or Sunset Overdrive. TF2 is going to be really really expensive.
#23dj-izzlePosted 4/8/2014 2:13:12 AM
leelee3105 posted...
Yeah titan fall is pretty much a lock as and Xbox exclusive for ever

Nope

necro00 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
That's a cute speculation.

EA and MS had the deal not knowing Xbox One is going to get outsold by PS4 by almost twice and the gap is just getting bigger and bigger.

lol.

march sales numbers aren't in. And lol @ twice the sales. Xbox is 100$ more and in way less territories. And still managed to sell 4 million plus

Do you honestly think that the One would've done any better, if it'd been on more countries?
#24jairusmonillasPosted 4/8/2014 2:20:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25prozac786Posted 4/8/2014 2:39:04 AM
Lol..

Considering that Infamous and the Infamous bundle, far outsold Titanfall, I doubt TF 2 remains exclusive to MS.

Infamous isn't even a main stream game. I love it, but it's far from a top tier selling game. And it isn't Sony's biggest hyped exclusive either. It was just designed as a good/decent filler, til the real s*** comes out.

Titanfall was meant to be the biggest exclusive MS had this year. It bombed hard from that expectation and became simply a decent game, with decent sales.

Titanfall was designed to take the crown from CoD, it's sole purpose was to be the NEXT big FPS that everyone plays. There was no other goal behind it. By this measure, it has performed very poorly.

EA will be going back to the drawing board, you can bet there will be significant changes for the sequel, along with a multiplatform announcement.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#26chrish909Posted 4/8/2014 2:55:42 AM
Everyone thought titanfall was multiplat but it wasnt. Ms said that titanfall launch was a success. Why wouldnt titanfall 2 be exclusive. Its very possible that ms has people scouting message boards and gathering info. The more sony fanboys show their jealousy of titanfall, the more likely it will be exclusive. Lol
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#27Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/8/2014 2:58:37 AM
necro00 posted...
V_Burgh posted...
Hasn't EA all but confirmed that anymore installments in the series will be multiplat?

all speculation.

speculation said by Respawn....
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#28chrish909Posted 4/8/2014 3:00:59 AM
Prozac you know nothing like jon snow. Ps4 has 7 mill consoles sold and x1 has 4 million. Did infamous outsell titanfall 1.75 to 1. No. Last I heard titanfall outsold infamous. Titanfall is an original ip and infamous is the 3rd game in a franchise. Franchise games always sell better than original ips with no fanbase.

Also what sonys biggest hyped exclsuive. It was sonys only hyped exclusive. Or did charted 4 director getting fired blow up the hype for uncharted.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#29chedibang1994Posted 4/8/2014 3:24:19 AM
prozac786 posted...
Lol..

Considering that Infamous and the Infamous bundle, far outsold Titanfall, I doubt TF 2 remains exclusive to MS.

Infamous isn't even a main stream game. I love it, but it's far from a top tier selling game. And it isn't Sony's biggest hyped exclusive either. It was just designed as a good/decent filler, til the real s*** comes out.

Titanfall was meant to be the biggest exclusive MS had this year. It bombed hard from that expectation and became simply a decent game, with decent sales.

Titanfall was designed to take the crown from CoD, it's sole purpose was to be the NEXT big FPS that everyone plays. There was no other goal behind it. By this measure, it has performed very poorly.

EA will be going back to the drawing board, you can bet there will be significant changes for the sequel, along with a multiplatform announcement.

I'm pretty sure it is it's main stream game it's an original ip and if it wasn't why the hell did they make another one? Titanfall is a pretty decent game we know that, and infamous was pretty hyped not like titanfall but yes it was hyped the game is pretty sweet too loving those powers!!! You say ms and ea acting as if this game will be the ultimate I say no to that you and I know and all boards combined on gamefaqs know that their is a game a game that's been hyped since it hit it's original console and will challenge titanfall hype and that my friend is HALO.................
---
When Orchid bends over........UUUUUULLLTTTRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!
#30SparkItUpPosted 4/8/2014 3:36:12 AM
Jedi454 posted...
They wouldn't even announce the sequel this early lol.

^ exactly this.