wouldn't shock me if titanfall 2 is a one exclusive announced at e3

#51dnmtPosted 4/8/2014 10:36:57 AM
necro00 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
necro00 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Titanfall isn't selling well enough for EA or Microsoft to want it as an exclusive.

its selling very well

- VGChartz estimates 1.11M for XB1.
- GameStop said reservations for the 360 version were a quarter that of the XB1 version.
- Titanfall bundles were evidently selling so poorly that retailers and MS started discounting it by $50, then they started adding in Live sub deals to sweeten it even further.
- Titanfall has barely been in the Amazon top 20 VG sellers in the last couple of weeks. Right now the XB1 version isn't there, and the 360 version is still, and has consistently been, behind the $50 PS store card. This despite Amazon offering a $15 gift card with pre-order.
- EA hasn't announced sales figures. Usually when EA has good sales figures to report, they boast about it.
- Analyst estimates were for sales in the 6M-10M range.

That's a lot of data points that suggest it isn't the big seller EA or MS were hoping for.

1.1 million sold in a few weeks to a console that has like 4 million units sold is pretty good

Hey you, I said I'll bet you an Xbone that TF2 will be multiplatform. Since you're soooo sure that you're right why not take it? It's a free $500 for God's sake!
#52SheepinatorPosted 4/8/2014 10:39:46 AM
necro00 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
necro00 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Titanfall isn't selling well enough for EA or Microsoft to want it as an exclusive.

its selling very well

- GameStop said reservations for the 360 version were a quarter that of the XB1 version.
- Titanfall bundles were evidently selling so poorly that retailers and MS started discounting it by $50, then they started adding in Live sub deals to sweeten it even further.
- Titanfall has barely been in the Amazon top 20 VG sellers in the last couple of weeks. Right now the XB1 version isn't there, and the 360 version is still, and has consistently been, behind the $50 PS store card. This despite Amazon offering a $15 gift card with pre-order.
- EA hasn't announced sales figures. Usually when EA has good sales figures to report, they boast about it.

That's a lot of data points that suggest it isn't the big seller EA or MS were hoping for.

1.1 million sold in a few weeks to a console that has like 4 million units sold is pretty good

No it isn't. For a game with that budget and that marketing, hyped as the first big game on the console, sold to a hardcore audience craving a new game, no that isn't great at all. We've seen multiple PR's last year or two about how a hyped game selling 3M-4M was a disappointment, like Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, Bioshock Infinite.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#53xxtasy911Posted 4/8/2014 1:01:12 PM
necro00 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
necro00 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

its selling very well

No its not! TitanFall was marketed as the reason to own a X1. Anything less then 3.5 million is poor!! On top of that, if it was multiplat the potential user base would have been closer to 12 million.
---
PSN: KingCole | Gamertag: Coming Soon.... Maybe
#54SheepinatorPosted 4/8/2014 1:12:08 PM
Amazon has it for $45 on XB1 with free shipping, and as mentioned before they were giving away a $15 gift card with 360 pre-order last couple of weeks. Not exactly signs of a great seller.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#55crucialPosted 4/8/2014 1:15:58 PM
For a new IP with no SP I would say it did very well and the 360 is going to sell a boat load,that is when the TF hype really begins,I know 8 people on my friends list that is getting TF on 360 next week alone,its going to be huge,and EA knows it can not dethrone CoD with one game that is why TF is just a beta for TF2,when TF2 gets more weapons,game modes,custom skins and emblems and all the bells and wistles and maybe a SP campaign then it will dethrone CoD,TF is way more fun then Ghosts its just Ghosts has a lot more content but this will change.

EA has BF,TF and Battlefront,these 3 will kill CoD but then we got Destiny coming,isn't competition great?
#56saleamaPosted 4/8/2014 1:19:49 PM
How funny would it be if they released it multiplat AND ported the first over as a free add on to PS4 users? I would love to see that.
No way if there is a part two that it is exclusive. MS has lost enough money on the xboxes. They won't spend the kind of cheddar it would take to land part two in this series.
#57ShELbY_GT500Posted 4/8/2014 1:52:49 PM
1. Pretty sure it has been said TF2 will more than likely be multiplat.

2. Anyone surprised that TF sold well is an idiot. It's a damn CoD clone, whether it's a new IP or not, of course it should be selling well.

3. Comparing TF sales to ISS sales is stupid too. TF again caters to a rather large player community while ISS while sure has a fan base, but only a niche fan base at that.

4. TC if TF2 is your consoles saviour then you've just showed exactly why PS4 is the bigger seller. TF didn't even come close to living up to its hype. Come November when the new CoD comes out, people will be saying Titan-what?
#58nb003_99Posted 4/8/2014 2:43:48 PM
crucial posted...
For a new IP with no SP I would say it did very well and the 360 is going to sell a boat load,that is when the TF hype really begins,I know 8 people on my friends list that is getting TF on 360 next week alone,its going to be huge,and EA knows it can not dethrone CoD with one game that is why TF is just a beta for TF2,when TF2 gets more weapons,game modes,custom skins and emblems and all the bells and wistles and maybe a SP campaign then it will dethrone CoD,TF is way more fun then Ghosts its just Ghosts has a lot more content but this will change.

EA has BF,TF and Battlefront,these 3 will kill CoD but then we got Destiny coming,isn't competition great?

So now the 360 version will outsell the X1 version? Because...

crucial posted...
Respawn is not even making the 360 version,and it's delayed with no gameplay footage or even screen shots,its going to be gimped and with a 10 dollar upgrade planed for 360 users to X1 will make it X1 by a large margin,I bought a X1 just for this game and many others are doing the same ,X1 and PC will outsell the 360 version,this game was delayed on purpose and I expect it to be half of what the X1 and PC versions will be.

My guess is that the 360 version will not have AI bots with smaller maps,kinda like how BF3 and 4 where gimped on last gen consoles.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68607501
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#59necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 2:44:48 PM
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
1. Pretty sure it has been said TF2 will more than likely be multiplat.

2. Anyone surprised that TF sold well is an idiot. It's a damn CoD clone, whether it's a new IP or not, of course it should be selling well.

3. Comparing TF sales to ISS sales is stupid too. TF again caters to a rather large player community while ISS while sure has a fan base, but only a niche fan base at that.

4. TC if TF2 is your consoles saviour then you've just showed exactly why PS4 is the bigger seller. TF didn't even come close to living up to its hype. Come November when the new CoD comes out, people will be saying Titan-what?

Sledgehammer is developing this years COD, it will suck like Ghosts
#60EnclavePosted 4/8/2014 3:48:15 PM
necro00 posted...
Sledgehammer is developing this years COD, it will suck like Ghosts

Yes, it will suck and yet it somehow will still sell a bajillion copies because it's called CoD.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.