GS: 5 YEAR OLD cracks X1 security via flaw. MS rewards him w/ free games, Gold

#1BushidoEffect3Posted 4/8/2014 2:09:53 AM(edited)
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/5-year-old-cracks-xbox-one-security-by-discovering-simple-flaw/1100-6418774/
Microsoft sends Kristoffer Von Hassel, aged five, four free games, $50, and a year of Xbox Live Gold after he reports how he managed to break Xbox Live security.

Remember the past arguments here for a long time? "XBL is the best! perfect network, never goes down, always reliable. PSN got hacked EH HEH it sucks" Yeah sure. As for those old topics, XBL has been hacked before and articles were posted on that too years back.

No network is "perfect". only delusional ones will ever say that out of fanboy thinking. For the most part PSN has always been the same since last gen. Applies to MP game connections since most use the same old peer and client setup.

What happened was just because MS charged money to use Gold for the whole last gen, people get placebo'd and told themselves "I'm paying for Gold to use basic apps and features free elsewhere, so it MUST be a better network"

And FYI the same apps in question are still free on PS4. PS+ is not required to stream, use web browser, use Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, and other 3rd party services as it should be. Because common sense: it's 3rd party. Why should I pay a Gold fee just to use Youtube or Gamespot etc. browsers on my 360?
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
#2Goregasm17Posted 4/8/2014 2:09:34 AM
This is actually old news. Who's Xbox controller can turn into a keyboard?

- Trololo
#3TheGam3925Posted 4/8/2014 2:13:19 AM
That's gotta be embarrassing for MS that a 5 year old exposed a security flaw in the Xbox One.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#4Jedi454Posted 4/8/2014 2:14:01 AM
Just the 20th topic posted about this. It's gotta be embarrassing to post it again.
---
Consoles Wars, where everyone is an expert Software/ Hardware Engineer, Marketing Analyst, Shareholder, Sales Rep, Lawyer and CEO of large corporations.
#5PominAusPosted 4/8/2014 2:16:56 AM
But it wasn't "Xbox Live security" that he breached. It was a sign in feature, someone would have to be in your house using your Xbox to compromise your account. The kid bypassed a parental lock. OP is reaching... Really reaching.
#6BushidoEffect3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 2:18:47 AM
I'm not here 23/7 like you though. So I missed your 20 other topics.
---
#7BushidoEffect3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 2:21:08 AM
PominAus posted...
But it wasn't "Xbox Live security" that he breached. It was a sign in feature, someone would have to be in your house using your Xbox to compromise your account. The kid bypassed a parental lock. OP is reaching... Really reaching.

It's a fact that computers have been compromised remotely too, like on Windows for years now. The hacker gains control over the system as if he was there using your PC. Don't you notice the many updates you see on WIndows Update if you use that OS? (filed under Important updates)
---
#8PominAusPosted 4/8/2014 2:24:25 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
PominAus posted...

It's a fact that computers have been compromised remotely too, like on Windows for years now. The hacker gains control over the system as if he was there using your PC. Don't you notice the many updates you see on WIndows Update if you use that OS? (filed under Important updates)

Great, now what exactly does this have to do with your topic? On the XBOX ONE board.
#9Jedi454Posted 4/8/2014 2:25:56 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
I'm not here 23/7 like you though. So I missed your 20 other topics.

You must be dreaming, i've seen you post in other topics. You're just stirring the mixing pot.
---
Consoles Wars, where everyone is an expert Software/ Hardware Engineer, Marketing Analyst, Shareholder, Sales Rep, Lawyer and CEO of large corporations.
#10OrgeLambartPosted 4/8/2014 3:17:34 AM
like someone else said, he just figured out a way to log on his dad's account and bypass his password, would need to be using your xbox, in your house to bypass it. It was blind luck more than anything.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart