Your reaction : MS releases X1.1 that is equivalent to the PS4 in power...

#51gam188Posted 4/8/2014 4:37:58 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
My Reaction: I laugh, and pity the poor fanboys who decided to have faith in Microsoft, and buy Day 1 edition. I also laugh at the people who would inevitably be defending this.

Also lol @ people acutlaly thinking that DX12 is going to make the Xbone more powerful than the PS4. How do these people function?

Nice stealth edit hater lol

Yeah I edited because I felt that just insulting you wasn't fair.

Don't worry man when you are working on your masters and bench 275 with a 8/10 girlfriend who knows her role small insults don't hurt.

Lol....so does your girlfriend know that you've reduced her to a number, especially one as low as 8/10? More importantly, is she aware you define yourself on a video game messageboard by the weight of objects you can lift and your ability to memorize academia?
#52McCartneyMartinPosted 4/8/2014 5:07:49 PM
These threads are getting old.
#53Horridhal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 5:09:01 PM
McCartneyMartin posted...

A legit discussion thread? Could it be that maybe you are getting a little defensive for no reason?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#54axelfooley2k5Posted 4/8/2014 5:11:36 PM
Horridhal posted...

A legit discussion thread? Could it be that maybe you are getting a little defensive for no reason?

it is a discussion not a legit discussion
---
FREEZE!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#55Horridhal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 5:13:28 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Horridhal posted...

it is a discussion not a legit discussion

Legit = not trolling. You guys really need to calm down on the MS defense.
---
#56Cowboy082288Posted 4/8/2014 5:24:34 PM
Maybe I'm being to cranky on this but people need to stop saying 'POWER' when talking about computer hardware. But I know how people want to boil down everything to 'this thing is 50% more powerful than that thing'. It just doesn't really work that way.

For example there are video cards with 2GB of GDDR 5 memory that easily outperform the PS4. They can even have less shaders.

Bottom line is that both the X1 and PS4 are low end mid tier PCs. The PS4 has a slight advantage and both systems are well designed but neither is all that ambitious.

I won't go all crazy and say that a 400 or 500 dollar PC build will do better than these consoles. I have seen those hypothetical builds and they look rather suspect to me. I will say though that for 800 dollars you can have a machine that easily outperforms either in various ways.

Both consoles are fairly priced for what you are getting. I know this is a big 'console war' issue but the kinect device is a pretty impressive camera/mic combo for its price.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#57Horridhal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 5:29:37 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Maybe I'm being to cranky on this but people need to stop saying 'POWER' when talking about computer hardware. But I know how people want to boil down everything to 'this thing is 50% more powerful than that thing'. It just doesn't really work that way.

For example there are video cards with 2GB of GDDR 5 memory that easily outperform the PS4. They can even have less shaders.

Bottom line is that both the X1 and PS4 are low end mid tier PCs. The PS4 has a slight advantage and both systems are well designed but neither is all that ambitious.

I won't go all crazy and say that a 400 or 500 dollar PC build will do better than these consoles. I have seen those hypothetical builds and they look rather suspect to me. I will say though that for 800 dollars you can have a machine that easily outperforms either in various ways.

Both consoles are fairly priced for what you are getting. I know this is a big 'console war' issue but the kinect device is a pretty impressive camera/mic combo for its price.

The word power is being used as a shortening of processing power. The ps4 does have an advantage there, and it is noticeable.

Also, your entire post seems to be coming from a PC perspective though and I don't really give a **** what PC players think. We all know pcs have better performance.
---
#58Cowboy082288Posted 4/8/2014 5:47:30 PM
Horridhal posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

The word power is being used as a shortening of processing power. The ps4 does have an advantage there, and it is noticeable.

Also, your entire post seems to be coming from a PC perspective though and I don't really give a **** what PC players think. We all know pcs have better performance.

Sigh...... processing power again is broad when you are comparing the entire system to another. You can't really boil it down to one number.

As for 'coming from a PC perspective' ummm these consoles are computers. That is the only perspective. Also 'PCs have better performance' all depends, many people do not own a PC that would outperform either of these consoles.

My point is that both consoles give you what you pay for. If you don't care about the camera/mic stuff then get a PS4 I guess or just get the one with the exclusives you want. It is that simple.

And yeah I hate to break it to ya but the difference is small but in the PS4s favor. It's not like we are comparing a i7 4770k to a i3 here. Or a AMD r9 290X to a 270.
---
#59Horridhal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 6:03:54 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

Sigh...... processing power again is broad when you are comparing the entire system to another. You can't really boil it down to one number.

As for 'coming from a PC perspective' ummm these consoles are computers. That is the only perspective. Also 'PCs have better performance' all depends, many people do not own a PC that would outperform either of these consoles.

My point is that both consoles give you what you pay for. If you don't care about the camera/mic stuff then get a PS4 I guess or just get the one with the exclusives you want. It is that simple.

And yeah I hate to break it to ya but the difference is small but in the PS4s favor. It's not like we are comparing a i7 4770k to a i3 here. Or a AMD r9 290X to a 270.

1. While you are correct it isn't on specific number, you can look at specs and tier the difference. Example : Object A has more processing power than Object B, thus it would be the more powerful of the two objects. Simplistic, but true.

2. These consoles are not computers in the traditional sense. I'm not comparing processing power of my desktop to my ps4 because my desktop wins(as does any decently made PC). It is a stupid and pointless comparison because pcs with money being spent on them will always outperform a console. Consoles are standard, pcs can be upgraded, the comparison can't be made fairly.

3. Of course both consoles give you what you pay for. A console. The problem is that one of them gives you more for less. My question is to see if changing that would change opinions. It isn't to see what PC players think of console peasants.

4. I hate to break it to you but there is a marked difference between the two systems. It is noticeable, and will affect this gen cycle to some extent.
---
#60Cowboy082288Posted 4/8/2014 6:31:19 PM
Horridhal posted...

1. While you are correct it isn't on specific number, you can look at specs and tier the difference. Example : Object A has more processing power than Object B, thus it would be the more powerful of the two objects. Simplistic, but true.

2. These consoles are not computers in the traditional sense. I'm not comparing processing power of my desktop to my ps4 because my desktop wins(as does any decently made PC). It is a stupid and pointless comparison because pcs with money being spent on them will always outperform a console. Consoles are standard, pcs can be upgraded, the comparison can't be made fairly.

3. Of course both consoles give you what you pay for. A console. The problem is that one of them gives you more for less. My question is to see if changing that would change opinions. It isn't to see what PC players think of console peasants.

4. I hate to break it to you but there is a marked difference between the two systems. It is noticeable, and will affect this gen cycle to some extent.

1. More like there is Product A and B with each having component 1, 2, 3, 4, ect... You can compare components not the entire product. People saying 'PS4 is 50% more powerful' frankly sound silly.

2. You seem to be thinking only in terms of a 'gaming PC'. Both these consoles are better than many PCs out there. Most PC owners don't play games. The point of PC is that you can get the PC that meets just what you need. And yes these consoles are computers in every sense of the word. It is all computer technology. These new consoles are actually very similar to laptops.

3. Um my point is that each give you a fair value for the console. I for example don't think the Wii U gives fair value. Obviously all 3 give you a console.......... Also I don't care about these artificial groups such as 'PC gamer' 'PS4 gamer' 'X1 gamer' ect. There is just 'Gamers' to me, as in people who like to play video games.

4. Again no, the difference is small, all the comparisons to various video cards show this. We are not talking 'one does 1080P and the other can do 4K'.
---