Which Lego Game Should I Get?

#1TheBendyPosted 4/8/2014 9:30:32 AM
I haven't played a Lego game in awhile, and I was thinking about picking one up. The main selling point of Lego games for me is two player same screen co-op. The last one I played was Lego Lord of the Rings on Xbox 360. It was a good game to play alone, but I hated the way the screen had to be divided when playing co-op.
For what it's worth, I'm both a fan of Marvel and the Hobbit franchises. Also, I have not seen the Lego movie yet.
---
Think before you ink!
#2eddy_cocainePosted 4/8/2014 9:33:06 AM
I played through Lego Marvel, it was a very well made Lego game, totally enjoyed it. But the split screen was annoying for sure, since it's not fixed.

I wish they would give you the option for vertical/horizontal FIXED.
---
GT: Toot Scoot PSN: CerebralLOLsy
Dear fanboys; get over yourselves. Video games are not the most important thing in life.
#3lunaticcorePosted 4/8/2014 9:37:07 AM
Marvel or Movie.

They are all similar, but The Movie one's levels actually look like they are built out of legos.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#4matt-nicklinPosted 4/8/2014 9:40:58 AM
The lego marvel one occasionally dashboards randomly on all platforms, I have experienced this one xbox one and my friend has experienced this on xbox 360.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#5TheBendy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 9:41:38 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Marvel or Movie.

They are all similar, but The Movie one's levels actually look like they are built out of legos.

How is the same screen co-op done in the Lego Movie game? Is it presented in the same fashion as the Lego Marvel game?
---
Think before you ink!
#6lunchbox2042Posted 4/8/2014 9:53:42 AM
Lego Marvel has been my favorite Lego game so far.
#7crynryanPosted 4/8/2014 10:22:18 AM
TheBendy posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Marvel or Movie.

How is the same screen co-op done in the Lego Movie game? Is it presented in the same fashion as the Lego Marvel game?

Pretty sure it's all the same, as it's been that way since one of the later Star Wars games.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#8Jedi454Posted 4/8/2014 10:24:11 AM
I only liked the Star Wars one, but I love lord of the rings and The Hobbit, so get The Hobbit if you're a fan of the series.
---
Consoles Wars, where everyone is an expert Software/ Hardware Engineer, Marketing Analyst, Shareholder, Sales Rep, Lawyer and CEO of large corporations.
#9vivalabuck92Posted 4/8/2014 10:27:54 AM
Since you're a Marvel fan, I'd go with the Marvel game. It's roster is chock- full of characters from all comics and has some pretty fun couch co-op.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#10TheBendy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 10:48:38 AM
I decided to get Marvel and The Hobbit. I'm loving them both! I probably would have waited for a price cut on The Hobbit, but I found out that Walmart was selling it with a bunch of extra content. Thanks to all those who posted suggestions:)
---
Think before you ink!