So Ryse, Forza, and Dead Rising 3 are all on-sale via several retailers. Help?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So Ryse, Forza, and Dead Rising 3 are all on-sale via several retailers. Help?
2 years ago#1
I was pondering picking up one of these three games eventually during my Xbox One's lifespan, and they're all on sale according to various websites.

Is there any one over the others that you would recommend?

I think Ryse looks to have some amazing graphics that really showcase what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, but I heard the gameplay is shallow. Is $40 a good price for it? Do slow-motion kills eventually lose their novelty?

Dead Rising 3 looks like it could be fun, but the demo was frustrating the hell out of me and I died both times when I played it. Is the full game easier or more accessible to those of us that really suck at some games? It was a pretty terrible demo in that regard, since I couldn't gauge if it was the game's fault for it not being fun, or my lack of skill being the reasoning. I enjoyed the first Dead Rising when it came out, but the this one looks like it's quite dark in terms of coloration and content, whereas something I liked about the original game was its carefree and nonchalant attitude about the most ridiculous things.

And finally, Forza Motorsport 5. I'm not much into racing simulator genre games, but I do love open-world driving games quite a bit. Does Forza Motorsport 5 have the Forza Horizon style world? Or is it back to picking certain races and such? Is there freedom to drive anywhere?

Thanks a lot for any advice!
2 years ago#2
My short anser is, i find dr3 repetive, forza is fairly meh in comparison to it's previous titles and ryse is real fun but short but the mp adds some longevity.
Overall my choice is Ryse.
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.
2 years ago#3
Dead Rising 3 is amazing.

Still one of my favorite games so far.
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
2 years ago#4
I have all 3. Still playing ryse. Yes the graphics are amazing. Story is pretty good. Online co op is decent.

Forza is a fun racing game. Online can be fun and frustrating at the same time. If u do get forza I suggest going to forza rewards and signing up for that

Dead rising 3. I played the demo also, and hated it. I end up picking it up anyway and don't regret it. I spent a lot of hours playing it. The story is meh. But the goofy stuff in it made it a fun game. Also awesome to play with a friend over live. I went for the 1000 achievement score and got it.

Forza can last you for hours. But sometimes gets a little boring in career when u race again and again on the same tracks. Online has some good modes. And the paint creator is nice.

I bought ryse for 40 digital when it was on sale. It's good but still don't think it's worth 40 bucks.

Dr3. I had the most fun out of and most bang for my buck
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So Ryse, Forza, and Dead Rising 3 are all on-sale via several retailers. Help?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived