Why doesnt the XboxOne play 1080i and full 60 frames per second?

#1Jx1010Posted 4/8/2014 3:38:52 PM
I dont mean to judge, I just lack knowledge about some things so please explain.
I thought that new consoles for this gen were aiming for this, I have even heard the Wii U mario kart will play in full 60fps.
So since the XboxOne is more powerful, I dont understand why it cant do this. $500 was a heavy price and well, does someone know?
#2NCPwnPosted 4/8/2014 3:41:14 PM
Polygons.

I can render one triangle with so many post process effects it would make your momma's panties drop whilst still maintaining 1000+ FPS.

That is an accurate description of Mario Kart Wii-U
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#3Satchmo25Posted 4/8/2014 3:42:58 PM
Some games do. Not sure why you arbitrarily picked 1080i and 60fps as a benchmark, but PS4, WiiU, and X1 all have games that don't reach 1080i and 60fps. Does this bother you?
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#4DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 4/8/2014 3:44:06 PM
You've been on here since 2010, and have 185 active post. Try just a little bit harder next time. Maybe create a alt account or something.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#5VoidBeyondPosted 4/8/2014 3:44:22 PM
Except it does. /topic
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#6TrickyPonyPosted 4/8/2014 3:46:32 PM
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...
You've been on here since 2010, and have 185 active post. Try just a little bit harder next time. Maybe create a alt account or something.

Normally I agree, but TC is sorta like Solnot... longtime members with shockingly little knowledge of basic videogame related news, I don't think it's a troll attempt as hard to believe that may be. I think it's just good old fashioned special needs
#7DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 4/8/2014 3:47:59 PM
TrickyPony posted...
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...

Normally I agree, but TC is sorta like Solnot... longtime members with shockingly little knowledge of basic videogame related news, I don't think it's a troll attempt as hard to believe that may be. I think it's just good old fashioned special needs

I guess you can be right.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#8Road_Kill_666Posted 4/8/2014 3:52:08 PM
devs had like 8 years with current gen and it took time for them to push them to their max. They all just got new consoles to work with and don't know how to fully push them as far as they can go. Give them time. $500 is a lot but remember M$ was going for a market larger than just gamers. People knock on all the TV stuff but if gamers are only 20% of the world population would you try to sell your product to cater to just the 20% or go for the 100%? Even sony went with the bigger market last time and had 80% of people saying they bought a ps3 because it played Blu-ray movies. Sony went for the gaming crowd and that's fine, sony is trying to get the all in one box that's for everyone in the home.

In time devs will be able to hit the 1080p/60fps.
#9alexismynamexxPosted 4/8/2014 4:05:10 PM
TrickyPony posted...
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...

I thought that was just solnot's style of trolling.... Where is he nowadays anyway?
#10Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 5:13:39 PM
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...

What does that have to do with anything?
The xboxOne just came out recently, maybe I had too high hopes for it because I thought it was gonna put PC out of the water or at least match it.
Not that I know anything about PC, since I dont play PC games. But I always hear people saying PC has the best graphics.... I thought that with this new console, xbox was gonna do pretty high.