Why doesnt the XboxOne play 1080i and full 60 frames per second?

#11Talon684Posted 4/8/2014 8:21:03 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
devs had like 8 years with current gen and it took time for them to push them to their max. They all just got new consoles to work with and don't know how to fully push them as far as they can go. Give them time. $500 is a lot but remember M$ was going for a market larger than just gamers. People knock on all the TV stuff but if gamers are only 20% of the world population would you try to sell your product to cater to just the 20% or go for the 100%? Even sony went with the bigger market last time and had 80% of people saying they bought a ps3 because it played Blu-ray movies. Sony went for the gaming crowd and that's fine, sony is trying to get the all in one box that's for everyone in the home.

In time devs will be able to hit the 1080p/60fps.

---
I was dying of thirst, but now I have been rehydrated by the tears of people like this Cliffy B
#12KOOGARPosted 4/9/2014 2:00:16 AM
Because M$ focused on Kinect, TV and ad- , mal- and spy-ware.
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.
#13SolisPosted 4/9/2014 2:23:25 AM
No system is "designed" to run at a certain framerate. The PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 are all equally as capable of the same framerates. It depends entirely on developer focus, and whether the tradeoff in other aspects is worth it to keep the framerate up for them. This is like asking why a Geforce Titan can't run most recent games in 4K at 60FPS, when a 3DFX Voodoo 2 from 1998 could run games at 60FPS.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#14LooksLikeRainPosted 4/9/2014 4:29:50 AM
KOOGAR posted...
Because M$ focused on Kinect, TV and ad- , mal- and spy-ware.

Well at least your sig is accurate.
---
Is that a W shirt?
#15NeoMonkPosted 4/9/2014 4:36:29 AM
Because life is hard & so is keeping up with last gen :)
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator