Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions of Titanfall look shockingly similar

#51FPS_hitmanPosted 4/9/2014 7:52:05 AM
So the game looks the same and doesn't use the "magical" cloud. I though they needed it to process the AI. What a joke and this clown using his double alts necro/legend think in Dec 2015 the one will catch up.
#52Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/9/2014 8:09:24 AM
I personally think the Xbox360p version looks pretty crap to be honest. The explosions looks really bad. Same goes for lighting/shadows/colors.

But I guess its cooler to hate on the X1 version.
#53MetroidFan9999Posted 4/9/2014 8:16:45 AM
Dat "next gen" gameplay....
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#54brownmysterPosted 4/9/2014 8:31:12 AM
dray3214 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
So now you know why the 360 version was 'delayed'

Had nothing to do with it needing more development time, MS were just concerned everybody would buy the 360 version and not bother buying an xbox one just to play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5UddVy1Hwk

heres a guy that has both and seems to think completely different. i know you ps4 guys don't care about facts or anything so I'm sure you'll disregard this and say they're identical still

This. Also it's amazing they can't seem to see a huge difference in the. 360 version. But to them 720p and 1080p is night and day to them.
#55aheroafakePosted 4/9/2014 8:31:40 AM
I'm honestly not surprised.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#56skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 8:41:28 AM
thegrimgunner posted...
Source engine .......10 year old engine.....has limitations........Enough said. The engine is built for low powered PC, simply put the optimization would always be pretty good on lesser machines.

huh? It runs on Dos 5.0?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#57skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 8:43:19 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
So now you know why the 360 version was 'delayed'

Had nothing to do with it needing more development time, MS were just concerned everybody would buy the 360 version and not bother buying an xbox one just to play it.

This sounds truer than any other statement.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#58Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/9/2014 8:48:02 AM
skermac posted...
thegrimgunner posted...
Source engine .......10 year old engine.....has limitations........Enough said. The engine is built for low powered PC, simply put the optimization would always be pretty good on lesser machines.

huh? It runs on Dos 5.0?

Dos 5.0?

10 years ago people were using XP
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#59aszsithPosted 4/9/2014 9:40:35 AM
skermac posted...
aszsith posted...
Why is this shocking? The XBOne and 360 versions of all games available on both look shockingly similar. This is not different from how the PS4 versions of games don't look significantly different either.

When games use the same art assets, improving the resolution and framerate will not make an incredibly significant change in what the game looks like. It's not like the current gen consoles can magically add art assets that were never drawn.

With the extra power, games on next gen systems should look a LOT better than on last gen systems.

You're confusing console power with game design choices. What if Titanfall was designed to look exactly the way it does? Then it shouldn't look different because it wasn't designed to.

What if the XBOne version of Titanfall, much like nearly all of the launch titles for both systems, was actually a hold over from last gen? We know this to be the case for Ryse and all the cross-gen games. Titanfall could be as well.

Plus, you said the key word: SHOULD. What should occur and what will/does occur are often drastically different things. What should happen is also often quite different from what COULD be possible.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#60thegrimgunnerPosted 4/9/2014 9:45:35 AM
For the engine it runs on. I would say Titanfall is the best looking game to come from the source engine. Half Life 2, Portal 2 may take the cake (See what I did there) , Team fortress and counter strike. In-fact im surprised at the sheer speed and flexibility of the engine itself. Many assumed the source engine wasnt capable of the newer type of FPS experience. The COD's and battlefield type games.
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason