IMO: Killer Instinct is very underwhelming compared to Smash Bros Wii U

#41ArctimonPosted 4/9/2014 11:00:15 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
knightimex posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Muryo posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Smash Bros is not a fighter.. It's a fun party game.

EVO says otherwise:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/12/5500590/super-smash-bros-melee-joins-evo-2014-roster-with-nintendos-approval

Lmao. If you have to turn off whole bunch stuff in the game in order to make it tournament viable it is not a fighter... Stop it.

SMash U already has this as a preset making your post invalid.

So.... They are going to take out items? Are they also going to take out smash balls? If the answer is no then your argument is moot.

For Glory mode will have no items, Final Destination only.
---
~~Seattle Seahawks - 2014 Super Bowl Champions~~
Looking forward to: Destiny, Super Smash Bros. 4
#42ExempliGratiaPosted 4/9/2014 12:53:55 PM
Arctimon posted...

For Glory mode will have no items, Final Destination only.

Which brings me back to my original point. If you have to take things out of a game to make it tournament viable it is not a fighter.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#43LEGEND-725Posted 4/9/2014 12:54:24 PM
Titanfall is better.
---
I lift more than you #dealwithit
#44SigmaLongshotPosted 4/9/2014 12:56:13 PM
You know that brief moment after clicking "send message"? That relieving, gentle serene moment? It's called giving it a rest. It can last for several minutes if you allow it.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#45Tech9Posted 4/9/2014 1:39:38 PM
I wish I was good at Killer Instinct. The more I played, the more I realized I wasn't very good and didn't want to put in the time. I am looking forward to playing it again this week for the story mode and new character.

At least I can be competitive at Smash, but it's not a 1-on-1 fighting game (at least not how I play). I will be picking it up on 3DS, but not sure if I will buy a Wii U for it. As an old school Nintendo fan, it's getting harder to ignore the Wii U. Drop the price to $200 and add a decent Metroid game (not like Other M) and I will get one. Until then I am enjoying my X1.
#46singhellotakuPosted 4/9/2014 1:50:09 PM
they are totally different genres...but yeah KI sucks, much better fighters out there.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#47BigBOO2UPosted 4/9/2014 2:29:47 PM
leathelj posted...
Well KI is actually. Fighting game smash is a fun party beat em up leaning towards the more casual

Killer Instict is about as casual as you can get.

That massive variety of one character (or a whopping 8 for five bucks each) isn't nothing to brag about either, lol.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#48BigBOO2UPosted 4/9/2014 2:31:35 PM
LEGEND-725 posted...
Titanfall is better.

You should make more topics about that game on this Xbox One board then.

I miss the daily deluge.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#49TheGleamEyesPosted 4/9/2014 2:40:50 PM
Muryo posted...
aheroafake posted...
Super Smash Bros. is an "action" game. That's the genre the game is labeled as on its official website. I'm sure the people officially associated with the game know what they're talking about.

So is KI according to the category on its board, you may want to tell gamefaqs they got it wrong.

Gamefaqs =/= official anything.
#50spacejamjordanzPosted 4/9/2014 2:40:50 PM
What is underwhelming about KI is how it was shipped. The game at it's core is great. I actually enjoy it, but the experience just feels shallow overall compared to other fighters at times. Not everyone that plays fighters is into playing online. Content matters in fighting games, and Microsoft and Rare, and Double Helix dropped the ball in that area. I don't think I have ever had a fighter that didn't ship without a damn Arcade Mode, and had to wait nearly 6 months to get it. That's just sad IMO.

I don't have a Wii U, but I know smash will be a better game overall hands down.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138