Fallout

#51dejavu1982(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 5:13:43 PM
BSerenity posted...
leathelj posted...
the_old_days posted...
Leathelj,

Halo is a pure FPS game, fallout 3 is a dynamic open world RPG, the games could not be more different.

Game development is based on a finite amount of resources, incorporating a co-op element would greatly lessen the potential scope of the game.

If TES online is a success, then there will probably eventually be a Fallout online and you can play with friends to your heart's content.

Sorry for ribbing you about your grammar and punctuation, but a little effort goes a long way in making your point more succinct and clear, instead of forcing us to piece together what you are trying to say.

You make it sound like the game will be ruin if they add a optional coop. You don't know what will happen how little faith you ppl
have in this company that they can't make a simple coop mode I guarantee you the game will be great single player and coop either way it's not up to us it's up to the devs and they know ppl want coop I think the majority do I truly believe if there is another fallout there will be coop.

Curious. Why must there be MP?

Options are never a bad thing, if you don't want a partner, then don't use that option, but for people that do the option is there.
#52dejavu1982(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 5:18:56 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
leathelj posted...
BSerenity posted...
leathelj posted...
the_old_days posted...
Leathelj,

Halo is a pure FPS game, fallout 3 is a dynamic open world RPG, the games could not be more different.

Game development is based on a finite amount of resources, incorporating a co-op element would greatly lessen the potential scope of the game.

If TES online is a success, then there will probably eventually be a Fallout online and you can play with friends to your heart's content.

Sorry for ribbing you about your grammar and punctuation, but a little effort goes a long way in making your point more succinct and clear, instead of forcing us to piece together what you are trying to say.

You make it sound like the game will be ruin if they add a optional coop. You don't know what will happen how little faith you ppl
have in this company that they can't make a simple coop mode I guarantee you the game will be great single player and coop either way it's not up to us it's up to the devs and they know ppl want coop I think the majority do I truly believe if there is another fallout there will be coop.

Curious. Why must there be MP?

Because it's fun iv played f1 f2 f3 fnv ever since fallout 3 I wanted coop me and my friends tell storeys of our own adventures why not share one why not have coop it's not gonna be doomsday of the game why do you ppl think this way? Why can't I the OPTION of playing with my friend? Why can't I have the OPTION of shareing a adventure? Not every game needs coop and some games truly are best single player but I think fallout would benefit greatly from a OPTIONAL coop

they shouldn't waste time and resources on MP
A) the VATS system cant work in anything but SP
if there will be a MP game I don't want it to be made by the same people. let some secondary company care about MP and let Obsidian and Bethesda focus on what Fallout really is

If vats couldn't work, then explain how in ryse, one player q's up a quick time event(can be up to a good 15 seconds where on my buddy's screen nothing is moving) but on my screen it's fluid and I don't see the quick time event. Vats can work in coop.
#53motoraptorPosted 4/10/2014 5:29:07 PM(edited)
A next-gen fallout needs to be 60 fps. I enjoy TES and Fallout but as first-person games (primarily) they should really be 60 fps. I hated using bow and arrows in TES except for when sneaking on a still target.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#54DarkHolesPosted 4/10/2014 5:26:41 PM
@dejavu

If that happened in fallout player in vats would get obliterated as your comming out, plus were not all noobs who blast all vats shots to the head, you sometimes have to stop and plan your shots which would affect the second player
---
How sad must your life be to report a post even for a slight violation
#55BDJaycePosted 4/10/2014 5:31:51 PM
The problem with multiplayer functions whether it be coop or full blown multiplayer is that it takes away from the single player. Halo was fine because the story was linear. Fallout is a beast of a different caliber.

From dialogue to creation to weapons to area transition to companions to all the little things that can be picked up and dropped on a whim. Housing, Karma, Reputation. It just seems like it'd be a lot of trouble to try to adjust a proven method just so people can 'play together'.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas were laggy enough once you got a companion so i'd hate to think what the game would be like with co-op just so people can goof off together.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723