Does Microsoft even have a ******* strategy for Japan or what? I don't think so.

#21TrickyPonyPosted 4/9/2014 11:01:29 AM
Sheepinator posted...
TheGleamEyes posted...
Do you not know how to read or what?

Microsoft SHOULD have released TitanFall for the Xbox One before the 360 if they wanted any surefire sales. The fact they didn't means they lose out sales by offering the 360 version first, leaving one less game that the Japanese would want to buy the One for (because lol @ thinking Ryse would be a system seller in Japan).

Proof is Titanfall for X360 ranking #5 in best seller for video games = some popularity and lost sales for the X1/X1 version.

So your plan to boost XB1 sales in Japan, a country where the console isn't for sale, is to release an XB1 version of a game there, for the console that isn't for sale. Do you still not see the flaw in this plan?

I don't think he does
#22yiangaruuugaPosted 4/9/2014 11:02:57 AM
I'm pretty positive MS stated that the Xbox One would expand to Japan and other territories in Sept. 2014. It's only April 9 -.-

TC failed.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#23slyman19Posted 4/9/2014 11:11:13 AM
I don't even get why Microsoft is even releasing the Xbox in Japan. The PS4 is flopping over there, so why even bother with a console that will sell a lot less.
#2495_EclipsePosted 4/9/2014 11:16:26 AM
slyman19 posted...
I don't even get why Microsoft is even releasing the Xbox in Japan. The PS4 is flopping over there, so why even bother with a console that will sell a lot less.

false. The ps4 started strong and sales have decreased after tax hikes, which are hurting more than just the Ps4s sales. The Ps4 has not "flopped" like so many incredibly foolish people keep saying. Console sales have never been super high in Japan and never will. The ps4 will likely eventually reach average console sales in Japan.

That said, Xbox has not been able to break into that market effectively. So it is indeed pointless to waste money releasing there, at least until they get their taxes back to normal levels. At which point they can try again to break into the market.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#25slyman19Posted 4/9/2014 11:21:45 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
slyman19 posted...

false. The ps4 started strong and sales have decreased after tax hikes, which are hurting more than just the Ps4s sales. The Ps4 has not "flopped" like so many incredibly foolish people keep saying. Console sales have never been super high in Japan and never will. The ps4 will likely eventually reach average console sales in Japan.

That said, Xbox has not been able to break into that market effectively. So it is indeed pointless to waste money releasing there, at least until they get their taxes back to normal levels. At which point they can try again to break into the market.

Even before the extra taxes, the PS4 wasn't doing too hot. The first week was good and then things went south very fast.
#26SonyPonyTonyPosted 4/9/2014 11:24:26 AM
I'm surprised PS4 flopped. I knew Japan likes their consoles, but I thought they'd adopt the PS4 more readily than they did
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#27ShadowNinja87Posted 4/9/2014 11:24:27 AM
MS shouldn't bother with Japan, nobody over there gives a crap about the xbox.
#28ThePaleRiderpPosted 4/9/2014 11:26:25 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
slyman19 posted...

Yep. Another reason that the PS4 isn't doing so well besides the tax increase is:
1. The library is mostly western based games
2. Not enough RPGS or Japanese type games
3. Japan is majority handheld/mobile

As others have said I don't why they are releasing the Xbox One in Japan. I know the point is to make money but when your previous system only sells around 1.6 million units in its lifetime then there's a problem. Factor in the games that sell xboxes are generally shooters (halo, gears, titanfall) along with sports or racing, it is gonna be hard to appeal to different audiences. I mean would you sacrifice the millions you have for the few you don't? Idk just seems like a bad predicament all in all
---
Why was Oedipus against profanity? Because he kisses his mother with that mouth.
#29Robin_MaskPosted 4/9/2014 11:28:14 AM
This topic got curbstomped thanks to the users.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#30MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/9/2014 12:14:49 PM
TheGleamEyes posted...
Do you not know how to read or what?

Microsoft SHOULD have released TitanFall for the Xbox One before the 360 if they wanted any surefire sales. The fact they didn't means they lose out sales by offering the 360 version first, leaving one less game that the Japanese would want to buy the One for (because lol @ thinking Ryse would be a system seller in Japan).

Proof is Titanfall for X360 ranking #5 in best seller for video games = some popularity and lost sales for the X1/X1 version.

Okay, you are obviously a 100% confirmed troll from this post. There is no way someone could be as dense as you are pretending (because that's what you are doing) to be right now.

Can we close this topic? There is no serious discussion going on here.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."